1,194 results
All reviews spa break q hotels spa facilities light lunch lovely spa restaurant staff waiting staff plenty of choice function room both nights sunday morning the staff were friendly and helpful bar area evening meal buffet style tea and coffee birthday party
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here on a work visit in September 2019 and was pleasantly surprised my the large spacious bedrooms and lovely bar area. The gym is small but has a good range of equipment and there’s a nice pool area. Staff at the spa were friendly and helpful. Enjoyed a glass of wine with colleagues at the bar area and the food looked delicious although I had already eaten elsewhere. All in all, a good 3/4 star hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
GuyR1099, Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Dear Elizabeth E,

Thank you very much for your 4* review,

I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy our facilities and I hope you will be able to sample our popular new menus soon.

Kind regards,

Operations manager

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

My mum and I were treated to a 2 night spa break here.

It’s a modern hotel, maybe a tad dated in places but it’s totally five star for me because of the staff. Every single member of staff, without fail, goes above and beyond to make you feel welcome. I used to work in the service industry and I know how hard that is. Little touches at every step. I’m a vegetarian. I got a special menu with loads of choice. Night 2 the waitress remembered me and gave me that menu without asking and even checked if I wanted veggie cheese on my pasta. Things like that. Attention to detail. Warmth and friendliness. Amazing. Bar staff remembered our drinks.

It takes a LOT of work to hire, retain and motivate staff to work at that level of service so huge kudos to the managers as well as the staff themselves for making the stay so good for us.

Well recommended.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Holidaybird64

Dear Holidaybird64,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review,
We are very lucky to have such a great team lead by the best Head of Departments. they staff love going the extra mile to make our guests feel welcome.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Came here for a spa break in August as it was my partners birthday and we were looking for a place that accommodated dogs and we ended up here. The spa break deal was fantastic and great value for money.

The restaurant was fantastic as well as they allowed us to take our desserts back to the hotel as well as breakfast so we wouldn't have to leave our doggie too long in the room.

The only downside is there isn't a park within walking distance for the dog, but we just let her roam in the car park to go to the toilet.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear sailorvivloveacats,

Great photo! It is fantastic to hear you, your partner and your four legged friend enjoyed your stay hear at Bridgewood Manor. If we are able to welcome you back for any future visits there is a wood right next to the hotel which is ideal for dog walking.

Operations Manger

Reviewed 3 September 2018

We had our wedding anniversary here and really had a lovely time. Hayley the reception manager quickly and efficiently sorted out a problem we had and was so kind and caring. Hayley is one of the nicest receptionist I ever met. They make this hotel lovely as do the breakfast which was truly amazing and very tasty.
The VIQ rooms have amazingly comfy beds and lots of nice touches
Thank you Hayley and Anna you made our stay a lovely memory
Definitely do the upgraded rooms
The spa is a bit disappointing and could do with a clean and upgrade but the hot beds were a lovely touch
On the whole a lovely break away

Room tip: Upgrade as it was a lovely room
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear colin d,

thank you very much for the 5* review,

Haley & Anna do a great job and we know how luck we are to have them as part of the Bridgewood Manor team. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Operations Manager

Reviewed 2 September 2018

I had organised a spa break with my sisters, nieces and daughter especially at this hotel & spa. It took me over a week to decide which hotel/spa to choose and I decided this due to the full hour treatment available.

I have to say, the spa here is rather disappointing. The reception area for the spa is very nice but wen you go into the rooms to have the treatments, I found the rooms to be so small, and although the room was clean, there was so much grime on the door in the room that I went to which can all be forgiven but, what is so frustrating and disappointing was my treatment. I kept waiting that now I will feel I'm having a massage but, sadly, other than 5 mins on my back, the feeling of the massage just didn't come!

My therapist, I wish I had asked her name because I was SO VERY unhappy with her and my treatment :( My sisters, my niece and daughter were all happy with their therapists, I was the unlucky one to have got a young lady who was very short with her responses me. Worse still, I must have told her 4 times I would like my massage deeper but, she just did NOT seem to understand and seemed to just ignore me. Also at one point she said 'oh I'm just applying the oil right now' and 'I'm not doing it hard because you may get pain'. I've had massages a 100 times, been to many different spa's but I've never felt so cheated after a treatment! I came out of there and told my daughter and sister who are both qualified beauty/massage therapists and they both agreed that they way my therapist was was very rude. She didn't even ask me any questions in the beginning or advise any after care. She simply just said I'll leave you to get changed and when you're done, just go to the spa - I was not even offered a glass of water which is standard after a massage. I felt so sad that after all the organising and choosing, my massage was SO bad. I didn't even feel like I had a massage, maybe just 5 minutes on my back out of what should have been 50 minutes of complete relaxation. I wish I knew her name but if the spa checks, they will see/know who my therapist was.

I spoke to the hotel manager who was on duty that night as well as Anna, which I was advised by the lovely gentleman at the spa reception. Both, the receptionist and the hotel manager were very kind and said that they would try and sort something out the next morning but, sadly, although very nice, I felt the spa/treatments manager was not as accommodating as the hotel staff.

The hotel staff and receptionist were all so lovely and couldn't have done anymore to ensure we were comfortable and happy. Tracy in the restaurant was so SO lovely, especially prepared a menu for us that went with our dietary requirements of halal foods and no alcohol. Anna, the receptionist, was so attentive as was the over over busy barman, I think his name was Kirstin, the poor guy was rushed off his feet with not a moment to spare but still kept calm and tried to be cheerful!

Hotel wise, the only thing that could be improved that like majority of the spa's I have been to, 'some' of the rooms in this hotel really do need to be for up to 4 people because, we were 6 in total, we had to get 3 rooms... 2 people to 1 room only, when you go in a girls group, the girls really want to be together so, the only thing I'd say is that for the sake of 'even more' enjoyment in the rooms, please do create some rooms for up to 4 people.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank Shazi X
GuyR1099, Manager at Bridgewood Manor - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Dear Shazi ,

Thank you for your 4* review.

It is great to read that on the whole you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry you did not enjoy your treatment. I have passed your comments on to our Spa Manager. Going forward there are no plans to create rooms up to 4 people but we have just started on an exciting new refurbishment across the hotel
I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

kind regards,