We stayed here for a night whilst going to a wedding in the area. As we would only need the room between 1am and 8 am we decided to book a budget room. The website clearly states that these rooms are in a separate annex and have not been refurbished. The price is reflected in this.
Generally the hotel is in an excellent situation right in the grounds of the wonderful cathedral. The hotel environment is very well kept and quite smart. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. The breakfast was very nice.
BUT……….. Back to the budget rooms. The rooms are in a back annex and you know the word budget is going to smack you in the face as soon as you enter the building. This is nothing anywhere near like the main building. It not only needed a total refurbishment, it needed a good clean to. Now there is budget and there is value, in my opinion this is nothing like value. I would suggest you don’t book a budget room here, if you have budget money book in to the Travelodge that is a short walk away. Some friends of ours had booked in there and it was a lot cheaper and well kept.
I would recommend the main Cathedral Lodge Hotel but certainly not the annex even at half the standard price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The best located accommodation in the City! Canterbury Cathedral Lodge is a unique and contemporary hotel, situated within the private grounds of Canterbury Cathedral, a UNESCO designated World Heritage site. In a peaceful environment but only a couple of minutes walk to Canterbury's many attractions, the Lodge boasts stylishly refurbished en-suite bedrooms overlooking beautiful gardens. Go to bed and wake up the next morning enjoying the breathtaking views of Canterbury Cathedral from your bedroom window. All rooms in the Lodge benefit from luxury furnishings, LCD screen TV's with free-view and there is complimentary Wi-Fi throughout. Guests also enjoy free entrance to the Cathedral, worth £12.50 per person. A full Kentish English Breakfast is served to guests in the Refectory Restaurant with additional alfresco seating on the terrace during the summer months. The Library and Campanile garden provide a unique and relaxed atmosphere in which to unwind. Canterbury Cathedral Lodge is the ideal base to explore Canterbury's picturesque cobbled streets, eateries and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Canterbury Cathedral Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canterbury Cathedral Hotel Canterbury
- Canterbury Cathedral Lodge Kent