My parents and my partner and I stayed at the Cathedral Lodge for three nights in two rooms. One was a fully accessible double room, with en suite wet room, fully fitted with hand rails and walk in shower. This was the reason for booking this hotel room as both parents are in their seventies and have some mobility issues. We stayed in a twin room, but reception had arrange for the housekeeping staff to arrange the beds as a double.
Rooms were spacious, clean, warm, comfortable, had sufficient hanging space, drawers, hair-dryer, spare sockets, WiFi, extra seating, desk space and large windows that open. They view of the cathedral from the window was a bonus.
Parking on site (for a fee). Buffet breakfast was excellent. Staff were always very helpful.
Being able to walk in the grounds in the evening was good, being in the vicinity of such an ancient and fabulous building made one mindful of the people who built it, worshipped in it, made pilgrimages to it. I found it calming and I do not mean in a religious sense. You cannot help being moved by its presence and beauty.
Anyway this is meant to be a review, and the hotel and its location brought Canterbury to life 24/7. Canterbury and all its cobbled streets and attractions were on your doorstep by day and at night you were transported back in time as you wandered the grounds with only the cathedral for company.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The best located accommodation in the City! Canterbury Cathedral Lodge is a unique and contemporary hotel, situated within the private grounds of Canterbury Cathedral, a UNESCO designated World Heritage site. In a peaceful environment but only a couple of minutes walk to Canterbury's many attractions, the Lodge boasts stylishly refurbished en-suite bedrooms overlooking beautiful gardens. Go to bed and wake up the next morning enjoying the breathtaking views of Canterbury Cathedral from your bedroom window. All rooms in the Lodge benefit from luxury furnishings, LCD screen TV's with free-view and there is complimentary Wi-Fi throughout. Guests also enjoy free entrance to the Cathedral, worth £12.50 per person. A full Kentish English Breakfast is served to guests in the Refectory Restaurant with additional alfresco seating on the terrace during the summer months. The Library and Campanile garden provide a unique and relaxed atmosphere in which to unwind. Canterbury Cathedral Lodge is the ideal base to explore Canterbury's picturesque cobbled streets, eateries and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Canterbury Cathedral Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canterbury Cathedral Hotel Canterbury
- Canterbury Cathedral Lodge Kent