My partner and I stayed at the Cathedral Lodge in Canterbury, this last weekend (Friday 20th - Sunday 22nd April 2012). The room was large, clean and comfortable. It was very affordable and the breakfast they provided was excellent. The only critism was the matresses were quite soft, and we were situated at the back of the Burgate building, thus we could hear every type of noise from the shops and bars from that part of town. This is not the lodges fault, just have to bear that in mind when booking a city centre hotel. On a positive note it was really conviently situated to all parts of the attractions of the city, and with your stay you got free access to the Cathedral, and discounts and some restaurants. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay in Canterbury. The hotel was value for money, anad the staff were friendly, polite and helpful. If we plan another night/weekend in Canterbury again, we would definately be booking a room at the Canterbury Cathedral Lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within the grounds of the magnificent Canterbury Cathedral you’ll find the perfect retreat. The best located accommodation in the City - rooms are in a private courtyard and provide stunning views of Canterbury Cathedral, which guests also enjoy free entry to. You will receive a dedicated, friendly service in a setting that’s peaceful, secure and relaxing. It’s the ideal base to explore Canterbury’s picturesque, cobbled streets and visit the City’s excellent eateries and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Canterbury Cathedral Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canterbury Cathedral Hotel Canterbury
- Canterbury Cathedral Lodge Kent