This was the perfect place to stay to experience Canterbury at its best. We paid an extra £5 to be able to park within the cathedral walls & it was so easy to park. The lodge itself is completely opposite the cathedral & most rooms will overlook the cathedral's beauty. We stayed in room 107 & it was faultless. The double bed was comfortable, excellent shower, tea & coffee, tv & enough wardrobe space for 1 night. Everything you need but it was the view we came for & were not disappointed. Within the room rate you get free entry into the cathedral & private time to wander around the grounds at night. After 9pm you ring a bell & a security guard lets you in. After hour drinks are available in the library which was a lovely way to end a brilliant day. The breakfast the next morning was also very good with everything you would expect from a full english breakfast. Every member of staff we encountered were very helpful & polite. We will definitely be returning again.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within the grounds of the magnificent Canterbury Cathedral you’ll find the perfect retreat. The best located accommodation in the City - rooms are in a private courtyard and provide stunning views of Canterbury Cathedral, which guests also enjoy free entry to. You will receive a dedicated, friendly service in a setting that’s peaceful, secure and relaxing. It’s the ideal base to explore Canterbury’s picturesque, cobbled streets and visit the City’s excellent eateries and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Canterbury Cathedral Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canterbury Cathedral Hotel Canterbury
- Canterbury Cathedral Lodge Kent