“Great Way To Spend A Day In Canterbury”
Review of Canterbury Audio Tours - CLOSED

Canterbury Audio Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Canterbury Audio Tours invites you to explore 20 of Canterbury's most famous sites with a self guided tour of this historic city, which is taken at your own pace. No other tour covers as much ground or includes as many benefits. Available in 7 languages, and suitable for all ages, you can take a tour at any time of day to suit you. The tour also boasts discounts for featured landmarks and attractions as well as local restaurants and coffee shops, making it the perfect way to explore the city.
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Taking an audio trip in Canterbury was such a good idea when our Niece came to stay during the school holidays. We have lived in the Canterbury area for several years and hadn't realised how much we didn't know about the wonderful City that we live in!
The mp3 players are wonderful pieces of kit and so simple to use too. The audio speaker is very clear, as were the directions given to the next point of interest. We were also given an easy to follow map showing each point of interest, Car Parking, Public Transport and more important when you've got children - Toilets!
There are plenty of places on-route to stop for refreshments - we had a picnic in the colourful Westgate Gardens.
The audio tour gave us an excellent insight - there is so much to see and several museums to visit. My only regret was that I'd forgotten the camera!!!

1  Thank Tracey Diane S

Reviewed 3 September 2011

great tour, really interesting, helpful and frendly service, great way to find out about the city,we loved the architecture and really enjoyed our visit to Canterbury thank you.
tim from canada

Reviewed 2 September 2011

As a first time visitor to Canterbury this was a great way to discover more about such a historic city. The tour is structured well, allowing for easy navigation of the city and its sights which I completed at a leisurely pace. The information provided on the audio commentary was accessible, which helped create a sense of the importance of the local landmarks and events that have occurred in the city over the centuries. This, combined with the very reasonable price, means that the tour is an enjoyable way to spend a few hours exploring Canterbury.

Reviewed 1 September 2011

i throughly enjoyed my tour of cantebury and could not have seen all the sights if it weren't for the help of tours map and audio player, the map was easy to follow and the rented mp3 player described the hsitory and details of the sights in a clear and informative way.
what i also enjoyed about this tour is you are your own guide , there is no one to follow and this allows you to discover cantebury on your terms.
the service was moderatley priced and good value for money and i would strongly recomend anyone who is visiting to not miss out on this service.

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Having lived in Canterbury most of my adult life I often have family and friends come to visit. We always do the usual familiar attractions but had noticed earlier in the year Canterbury Audio Tours had opened and we decided to give that a try with the summer family visit this time for a change. I have to admit, having lived here for over 20 years I was sceptical that I would learn anything new, but was pleasantly surprised. The audio commentary took me to places I had never even visited, including the Butterfly Gardens and Greyfriars Island. The whole family enjoyed it and the 2 day ticket meant our guests could finish the second part of the tour the following day without the need for us to guide them around. Perfect!