“Great food” 4 of 5 bubbles

The White Hart
Ranked #114 of 350 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Devizes, United Kingdom
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

Great pub / restaurant away from the busier parts of the city. Made very welcome and the food was excellent. A purely chance encounter with Roly Brookeman ( ex GB hockey international & retired PE teacher of local re-known) in the Buttermarket led me to this gem of an establishment.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Adrian B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Canterbury, United Kingdom
“An excellent find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

The greeting we received as we entered set the scene - warm and friendly without being overwelming. Although the menu was small - only about 6 items for each course - the quality of the food was first class. We both had the rack of lamb - excellent quality meat, cooked to perfection and complemented by lovely vegetables. The desserts were equally enjoyable, and the wine was good too. Highly recommendable.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Really Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

Lovely hot day. Nice beer garden. Great beer. Great food. Very friendly staff. perfect!"

Visited May 2012
London, United Kingdom
“tucked away in a little 'oasis', good food, friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

We followed a recommendation and went there for a late, quick lunch and found a lovely garden, friendly service and tasty, pub fayre - even at 2.30 in the afternoon.
Inside it was cozy and welcoming too - and - clean, pleasant 'loos'.

Visited May 2012
Canterbury, England, United Kingdom
“A real treat for your taste buds!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I've just returned to work after a gorgeous meal at White Hart with my other half. I was looking for somewhere nice to take him as he is always treating me. I chose the White Hart and was not dissapointed.

I told him he was in for a treat, but walking up to the pub he was dubious, it looks just like any other pub, but trust me, it is not. There was a bit of a crowd at the bar when we went in and the barmaid was on her own but she gave us a friendly smile and apologised for keeping us waiting.

The Menu isn't huge, but there is enough choice and if our meal was anything to go by, I imagine the quality of each dish is exquisite. Every bite that passed my lips from starter to dessert was full of flavor and a real treat for my taste buds.

The complimentary sorbet was a lovely pallet cleanser. As always the dessert was my favorite. A stunning chocolate fondant with ice cream. It has a crisp chocolate edge around a gooey sponge with chocolate sauce oozing from the center. I was in chocolate heaven!

This was so much more than your standard pub grub and we will definitely be returning. A definite 11 out of 10 from me

• Visited April 2012