ABode Canterbury
  • Restaurant
Canterbury Hotel(Canterbury)
The Victoria Hotel(Canterbury)
2,163 results
All reviewschampagne barhigh streetenviable roomdesirable roomtuck boxcar parklovely hotelstandard roomcentral locationsat navfront of houseexcellent locationone night staycentre of towneggs benedictlovely rooma lovely stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 1 week. the location is great (in the middle of the high street). also, I changed my room. The first one was small, but the second one was large. rooms are clean and there is an air condition. staff was helpful. Bathroom was very clean and they have a great staff of shampoos and shower jells. the lobby was very small.

Room Tip: choose the top floors
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We had a "Most desirable" room, third up from the base room which is called a "Comfortable". Free wi fi, mini welcome hamper, bath robes, great toiletries and a very comfortable bed. Super clean and well appointed room.

Bang in the middle of town, we had to park some distance away (they sell you a 24 hour parking permit for £5) but this is Canterbury and the slight inconvenience is balanced by pedestrianised zones and a central location.

Pricey but if you want luxury this is the hotel to go for

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim H
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I stayed for one night in late February. The room was spacious and comfortable. The staff were all pleasant and efficient. Had a meal in the hotel's pub, which was good value and with some excellent beers on tap! Altogether an excellent experience and I hope to return for a longer stay in my own time - this was a business trip.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I booked this hotel for my son and daughter inlaw so that they could have time on their own after a very hectic schedule and them getting married only two days before.
The hotel had a special deal that if you booked in the winter time you could have dinner bed and breakfast for two people at a very discounted price. Which was fantastic !
When I booked I explained to the receptionist that they were newly weds and that it was going to be a surprise . I know that the hotel couldn't do this everytime but they up graded their room and if that wasn't enough they also gave them some compliementry champagne. The happy couple said that the room was luxurious and the food was fantasic and that the staff were amazing. Having never stayed in this hotel myself I was quite jealous. So I am definately going to make a reservation in the near future.
I would like to say a great big thank you for making my son and daughter in laws stay so special and I would like to say a big Thank you to Oscar who was so lovely and helpful.
A Martin

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank patg51
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Perfect destination for anyone wanting quality accommodation and great location when visiting Canterbury.
Bang smack in the centre of all the shops and restaurants and room was very quite even though it was on the main street.

Definitely visit again