Stayed for one night last weekend in a DesirABle - Deluxe Room. The room, and whole place, was spotless with nice decor. I would particularly highlight the following:-
- Tomtom insisted on going across pedestrian areas. Stour Street is down the side and the street ends at the hotel (it then goes onto the High Street which is pedestrianised).
- The Hotel car park was full however the concierge (Oscar?) kindly helped us with our bags and directed me to a car park about 5 minutes away (£5 for 24 hours which isn't bad).
- Ate in the Hotel Restaurant. The food was great but the menu was a little limited and it was a bit pretentious. The maitre d' was exceptionally helpful in arranging a special, off menu, meal for our six year old (top marks).
- They have a good selection of DVDs to borrow from reception (there was a player in our room).
- On checkout was presented with a range of bills. I found it amusing. Given other similar comments it is something the hotel should look into (change the system or train the staff).
- Great location. Out the front door and onto the High Street.
- The bathroom in the room was on the small size.More
- Free Wifi
- Breakfast included