New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Not possible to get any better !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of St Johns Court Guest House

St Johns Court Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canterbury
St Johns Court Guest House
Ranked #51 of 77 Canterbury B&B and Inns
amsterdam
“Not possible to get any better !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

Visiting this very welcome bed and breakfast is an experience that just matches your thoughts about visiting England. Mrs. Rowe is so very friendly, the rooms are really making you feel at home. Recently built bathrooms make your stay complete, not mentioned the ample breakfast, made to your wishes.

We definitly recommend this place to stay in the heart of Canterbury.

Thank you, Mrs. Rowe.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights. Liz and her daughter Jess were very helpful. Liz kindly helped to get the wrinkles out of my dress and my husband's dress shirt by using her dryer. Our room was large, and the shared bathrooms/showers were clean. The location was excellent, a few minutes walk to the sights in Canterbury, so we could leave our car in the private parking area and walk around the city center.

Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed at St John's Court for nine nights in July 201, with Mrs Rowe (Liz) as our hostess. She did everything possible to make us feel so incredibly welcome and was so very helpful and informative - giving us great ideas as to how we could best explore the Kent area. St John's is absolutely spotless and Mrs Rowe's breakfasts were to die for (especially the fantastic mushrooms). There were twelve cereals to choose from (and porridge was definitely available if anyone wanted it!), and the cooked breakfasts were awesome too. St John's is very central to attractions, bus and train stations (we used public transport and found it a great location to start from). We would highly recommend it to anyone, and feel envious of those who have the opportunity to visit.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

I stayed on a Monday night while in the city on business. Although I'd booked an inexpensive single room I was moved to a family room. The bed was comfortable but note that the rooms are not en suite, although the family room I was in did have basin and toilet en suite. The shower was good.
The landlady is business-like. This suited me just fine - others it may not.
Breakfast was good (I had the full English), and shared a table with the other single occupants as the dining room is small. While this may not be to everybody's liking, I met an interesting lady and had an enjoyable chat.
The location is brilliant. 5mins walk to the City Centre, and located in a quiet street.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank DavidUK567
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

I stayed here for one night and had a light, airy room, which was very clean, with a TV on the wall and a sink in the corner. The bed was comfortable and the breakfast really good. I don't think there are any ensuite rooms, but there are plenty of toilets and several shower or bath rooms - I never had to wait.
The location is brilliant - right in the centre of town - and it is first class value for money. I dropped in on two friends staying in a different B+B ten minutes walk away and had a look at their room, and I definitely had the better deal!
Liz is certainly chatty and I think this would make or break your experience; however, if you are willing to chat she can't do enough for you. She really knows the area and has lots of suggestions. I found her helpful and friendly, but as some have suggested, if you want to be left alone, this isn't the B+B for you. But If I ever come back to Canterbury I wil be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo