When I made my reservation at the House of Agnes I was concerned about the noise level since I am sensitive to noise and there had been some adverse comment in Trip Advisor reviews about the sound of the trains going near the stable bloc. I need not have been worried. We were in the stable bloc and infrequently heard the trains. The sound was neither loud nor disturbing. The room was clean and well-appointed, and when we arrived unexpectedly early Sandie changed room assignments so that we could move right in. The Kentish breakfast was locally sourced (the butcher is across the street) which may have contributed to its being as good as it is. The House is Agnes is well located for seeing Canterbury and less than a ten-minute walk from the Canterbury West train station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The original 15th-century character has been respected and enhanced in this beautiful accommodation. Guests can choose between themed rooms in the main house or modern rooms in the Stable Annexe, each with an abundance of thoughtful extras. Delightfully helpful service, free parking, free Wi-Fi and a heritage garden add to the appeal of this historically significant property, mentioned in Charles Dickens 'David Copperfield,' which is a short stroll from the city centre and railway station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your House of Agnes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- House Of Agnes Hotel Canterbury
- House Of Agnes Canterbury, Kent