We had a great time at House of Agnes. Really appreciated the little touches (free water, biscuits, tea facilities, bathroom essentials and an umbrella, as well as earplugs -more on that later) and the cleanliness was spectacular (it's great to feel you're the first to ever use the bathroom. Not something you see everywhere!)
The room itself was furnished nicely, with flatscreen tv and a nice comfy bed with 2 types of pillow.
The minus point for us was the noisy neighbours, who had a 'yearly reunion' in their room up until 1am (why they didn't go to the bar area for their chat, we'll never know). Thankfully, there were some earplugs provided, but the walls are rather slim (we had a stables room).
Unfortunately, you cannot choose your neighbours on a specific night, but other than this, we rate this hotel as one of the best we have visited in the UK. Forgot to mention the breakfast, which was fab (had a double poached egg the first day, which arrived very quickly and a full Kentish breakfast the 2nd day. While it was very indulgent, it was cooked very nicely -no extra fat as it felt oven roasted and the ingredients were of really good quality -super sausages and bacon and a great orange juice with pulp). :)
Highly recommended. The staff were very friendly (the owner speaks v good French too, which is a nice touch). Also, they have a bar area (that we didn't go to, but it's also a nice touch).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The original 15th-century character has been respected and enhanced in this beautiful accommodation. Guests can choose between themed rooms in the main house or modern rooms in the Stable Annexe, each with an abundance of thoughtful extras. Delightfully helpful service, free parking, free Wi-Fi and a heritage garden add to the appeal of this historically significant property, mentioned in Charles Dickens 'David Copperfield,' which is a short stroll from the city centre and railway station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your House of Agnes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- House Of Agnes Hotel Canterbury
- House Of Agnes Canterbury, Kent