“Beautiful grounds and spot for a picnic. More of a Stately House than a castle.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Eastnor Castle

Eastnor Castle
Ranked #1 of 23 things to do in Ledbury
More attraction details
Owner description: Eastnor Castle in the dramatic setting of the Malvern Hills and surrounded by a beautiful deer park, arboretum and lake - is the home of the Hervey-Bathurst family. Besides being a fascinating visitor attraction, the Castle fulfils other roles as an exclusive-use wedding venue, corporate and team building venue, as well as a venue for product launches and location filming. Business or private parties can stay in the castle’s beautiful bedrooms and our highly professional team is on hand to organise every aspect of your visit.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Beautiful grounds and spot for a picnic. The views and well kept grounds make this an ideal spot to come and enjoy with enough open space for you to find 'your spot'. The Castle is more of a Stately House than a castle, but still an interesting attraction. The interior is very grand and there are guides an regular intervals to answer your questions. My daughter played the "spot the mouse" quiz sheet and enjoyed finding the mice in each room. And then there's the maze and children's assault course which was fun for all. For the cost, it was good value and we will definitely be back next summer, this time, with a picnic.

Visited August 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Nottingham
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great Day out”
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Not always sure about castles with two girls but this was great.

£23 for family ticket which was good value. When we were there there was a guy talking to the kids about Insects who was brilliant.

Inside the castle there are two options for the kids, for the younger ones to find a mouse in each of the rooms as you walk around, for the slightly older ones questions about the rooms, like what is the name of the Earl in the painting. Both activities meant that our girls wanted to go round and wanted to "do the house" as they needed to answer their questions/find the mice. Clipboard, pencils provided with stickers provided by a great lady on the way out.

Food was good - kids box and we had sandwiches. There is a children's park, maze, large lake to walk around, woodland walks.

All in all a great day and a castle I would recommend to anyone.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank ElfNottingham
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Good for a damp day.”
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Nice enough for what is essentially a Victorian Folly. Nice people, lovely little walks and good food at the little cafe.

1 Thank George D
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The Wedding Venue Of My Dreams”
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Words cannot express the true beauty, elegance and splendor of Eastnor Castle. I could not have dreamed of a better place to have our wedding. My guests’ jaws dropped and it is still the talk of the family. Pictures cannot do it justice; there is just a general feeling of romance, and joy to the place. It feels warm and cozy, even though it is large in size.

But what truly made the experience was the staff. From my very first nervous phone call to walking out of the doors after the reception each member of the staff was a gem. I live in America, so planning a wedding overseas was incredibly daunting, but they made it so easy. They were quick to respond to every email and phone call. They were extremely organized, prompt, friendly and available to me no matter what. I planned a follow-up USA reception as well, and they were not nearly as helpful, accurate and accommodating.

Our memories of Eastnor are ones of joy, beauty, grandeur and love. I am very thankful to the staff and can’t wait to go back and spend a romantic weekend with my new husband!

Visited May 2011
4 Thank USAinUK_11
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great setting - shame about the customer service”
Reviewed 1 January 2011

The castle is an imposing and impressive structure, and was the venue for a wedding I attended in December 2010. The ambience and decor was a stunning setting for such an occasion. However, the customer service for guests left a lot to be desired. We had a small child with us for the event, and the previously arranged cot (which was to be set up in the room of other family members who were staying) was not there when we arrived. Enquiries were made during the wedding reception about this but no-one ever got back to us to let us know what could be arranged. Fortunately we had brought a loaned travel cot with us, but this took time to set-up, and then had to be dismantled before we could depart. We were also staying on with the family for drinks until we were ready to leave. I had checked with the castle staff that the castle wasn't closing (thus making it clear we still had to leave) and no mention was made of expected departure times. When we did leave an hour later, the doorman was exceptionally abrupt with me, moaning that I shouldn't still be there, and wasn't prepared to allow me to return to the room to collect the travel cot after collecting our child which I was about to do - "no, you'll have to come back in the morning, once you go out of the door, you aren't coming back in" was his unhelpful attitude. I informed him that I was going to collect both whatever his view, and duly did so. However, this stressful end to proceedings rather spoiled what had been a very good event for which we had made significant efforts to attend. Better service should be expected for the costs involved.

6 Thank IntravenusDeMilo