“Great value for money”

Ranked #7 of 62 Restaurants in Ledbury
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 66
Cuisines: British, Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

We were booked in for dinner, bed, breakfast and distillery tour. Room was basic but nice, bar and restaurant were beautiful, serving plenty of great drinks and food. Breakfast in the morning was great. Slight hiccup on checking out as didn’t have a record of it being a prepaid present. Perfect other than that

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Stayed here for a couple of nights on business. Food in the restaurant is superb and very reasonably priced. Some of the wines are from their own vineyard in France and very palatable indeed.
Service at breakfast could be a little haphazard but looking forward to going back.
Bed was exquisite!

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

I booked this for our Christmas present and upgraded it to the platinum package which included dinner, cocktails and the distillery tour. The room was beautiful and every meal we had was of the highest quality and locally sourced. The service throughout the whole weekend was faultless. And the gin tour was brilliant! So many tastings!!! Thank you so much for such a wonderful weekend.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

One of the best food and drinks I've had in a long time! Fantastic staff, brilliant food and some great cocktails as well. Building was lovely and everything inside was of old fashion style which the decor matched to showing off the lovely Chase merchandise as well!

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Let's be frank, you do not expect to come away from a meal costing the thick end of 150 quid feeling hungry. And yet that is exactly what happened on our Valentine's meal for two at the prestigious Verzon House Hotel restaurant outside Ledbury in Herefordshire.

Don't get me wrong, the ambience is great, the service was perfect, and the food was fantastic: beautifully prepared, exquisitely presented, and it tasted divine – it was just that there was not enough of it, especially the main course. We've done elegantly presented delicately flavoured nouvelle cuisine many times before and we know not to expect pie-and-mash portion sizes but this took the less-is-more mantra to a whole new level and would best be described as petite nouvelle cuisine...

They had laid on a £50 per head three-course set-menu for Valentine's night with four options each on starter, main course, and dessert. The yummy amuse bouche consisted of a lozenge of haggis accompanied by an innovative beetroot bhaji. We were served a slice of artisan bread each early in proceedings, one slice was rosemary flavoured and the other had a bacon edge to it; lovely they tasted, but just the one slice each, you understand.

I enjoyed – and I did enjoy – a starter composed of a parcel of lovely langoustine wrapped in pasta and drizzled with a mouthwatering sauce, and for the main course I was served a morsel of delicious lamb wellington together with a couple of teaspoons of the most perfect mash I have ever tasted, while for dessert I opted for a selection of fine well chosen cheeses with grapes, celery and artisan biscuits. My other half enjoyed slices of perfectly seared venison to start and a very tasty lemon sole with cockle butter sauce for the main course while her dessert choice was a superb sorbet. Like me, she thought the food was fantastic. It was the microscopic main course portion size that lost it rating points.

The brutal bottom line is this: the first thing I did after getting home that evening was go to the kitchen, break off a crusty chunk of bread and stuff my face. My advice: eat first.

2  Thank LeonsReviews