All reviews junior suite decanter of sherry afternoon tea bowl of fruit tasting menu quiet street the main hotel private garden staff were professional scones lovely hotel hereford beef duck pond huge bed little extras lounge area sunday lunch
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Celebrating my 77th birthday at The Castle House Hotel Restaurant was the most memorable for many years. Excellent Fine Food, great service and surroundings made this a most memorable occasion. Living in Hereford I have not had the pleasure stayiung as a resident of the hotel

Room tip: I would expect all rooms to be of excellent quality and with all amenities as offered by luxury hotels.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

My children booked afternoon tea for Father’s Day. Really good quality sandwiches, cakes and scones supported by friendly attentive service. A very pleasant afternoon. We’ll certainly be returning. A booking is required as the Castle House Hotel is rightly popular.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Grrr1649
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

After a hectic day at HAY BOOK FESTIVAL we arrived at Castle House. The staff were great with my rowdy clan. The beautiful rooms had a basket with fruit & snacks on arrival which was happily demolished! We wanted to stay longer but on booking the 3 rooms in February was told that there was only one night arrival for my family.
I definitely will book again for next year BUT I am going to book straight after the Summer!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2018

We have stayed here a couple of times previously and visit for the occasional lunch when in the area. Always struck by the helpfulness of the staff who are unfailingly pleasant. This time we had excellent rooms, one overlooking the former moat which passes by. Really comfortable and many little touches which certainly justify the cost.
The food is worth visiting for but it may be better to go B&B if you are not big eaters as the portions are generous and we rarely had room for a dessert or cheese! We will definitely be back.

Room tip: Try to get a room overlooking the moat or the street as there is an extractor which can be noisy at the rear.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Just enjoyed a sandwich lunch in the glorious setting of the Garden Bar at Castle House Hotel. Pleasant and efficient staff and a good sandwich selection, nicely presented, accompanied by an extremely nice New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. On a lovely sunny June day - what’s not to like?

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sallybelinda