All reviews broad street large lounge old fashioned buffet breakfast all you can eat trouser press free car park a bit tired twin room city centre plenty of hot water visit hereford cathedral garrick character bells pubs
Reviewed 11 June 2018

About sixty of us had lunch here. We had agreed a buffet format and a limited menu to keep costs down. We were late as our morning visit had gone on longer than we though. However the food was hot and everyone agreed it was delicious. We had melon or soup to start, followed by turkey or salmon with a selection of gateaux or fruit salad to finish. Turkey was good and the salmon was really lovely. Staff served the food from the buffet and were cheerful and generous with portions. Some of our members had eaten there a few months ago to try it out but cooking for about sixty is a different prospect and turned out very well.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Anitacott76
Reviewed 10 June 2018

This place is OK. Very central almost opposite the cathedral and £5-6 by taxi to the station.
Old school charm as in dated and a bit old fashioned but clean with comfortable bed, good sheets and tea and coffee making facilities.
Breakfast is extra at £7.95 but you’re so central there’s a huge choice of cafes and coffee shops. Lovely looking 1920s cocktail bar, sadly no cocktails but maybe theres no call for this in these parts!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2018

After reading reviews about this hotel I almost never booked but I'm glad to say I booked so I could judge for myself, We arrived earlier then expected but the receptionist Nicolas John's was so nice and welcoming and said our room was ready Nicolas was very helpful and explained everything we need to know.Our room was great so comfortable and very clean .Breakfast was very good and Ahmed was very polite and took care of people they had run our of eggs but soon got some more and came to our table to applogise to my husband for the wait .all the staffwere very friendly. I will definitely be staying here again yes the hotel is dated but I loved it I like the old look and I think they are doing really well

Reviewed 5 June 2018

I stayed here with my uncle and two sons. We had two rooms. Both were a good size, beds were comfortable, rooms were clean, used as a base to explore Hereford.

Staff at reception were friendly and so was the waiter on the Sunday eve. Monday morning we had breakfast and the lady was as miserable as anything!

We found a great pub on the day we were coming home, typical. We wished we had found it earlier as the food was ace and the lady who owned the pub was awesome. The pub is called The Grapes, it's on castle street. It's definitely worth a visit. Prices are good and the service is ace.

Overall the green dragon was in a flat location, easy to access the centre and cathedral. Rooms were big although I did suggest to have a door stop between the bedroom and the bathroom as the door is heavy and in a family room you need it to suit everyone.

Would I stay again maybe. Would I visit Hereford again probably.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2018

There seems to be something about this hotel which draws an intake of breath in the locals(!) And judging by some other reviews they might be justified.
HOWEVER, I booked two rooms for myself and my niece and her two young sons. They were large and clean with average decor and furniture and the plumbing did work ok. The beds were comfortable . Yes, the capet had seen better days but you don't spend hours looking at the carpet(!)
Reception staff were very nice and helpful as was the waiter/barman. On the down side there is only one very small lift (possibly because its a listed and old building), no aircon (open a window!) kids can't go in the bar (which I suppose is a blessing to some people). Breakfast service could have been a bit more "friendly). Car park is on a derelict site behind the hotel but pretty secure and just a few steps from the back of the hotel. PS because it was called Green Dragon my Great nephew thought it was great(!)

Room tip: First floor room nice
  • Trip type: Travelled with family