“Very enjoyable”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Family light lunch get together, Chicken wraps, Steak wraps and Hunters Chic all very well presented and tasty........................ Staff friendly and helpful............. will return

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Visit here often, food is great, good value, and staff are always friendly and helpful. Good range of guest ales. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

We passed this place on the way into Winchester and smiled at the name. Decided to stop on the way home for a late lunch and were glad we did. Cosy inside and dog friendly although our dog wasn’t with us on this occasion.

Very friendly lady behind the bar who took orders and explained a bar tab system was I wish more pubs serving meals would adopt. They take your bank card details but you have the option to pay by card or cash at the end.

My daughter had a double Soyhern fried chicken burger and I had a classic burger. Both were served with fries and coleslaw which were very nice and plentiful. The food was hot and the fries were especially nice.

If we are going this way again, we would definitely stop again. It has a spacious car park, is conveniently placed just outside of Winchester and is handy for resuming our journey on a main road out.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

A warm welcome awaits you at the jolly farmer the staff were lovely the food was very hot and plentiful, I had the gammon and chips and must say I struggled to finish it.
There is plenty of space in the car park

frances c, General Manager at Jolly Farmer, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Thank You for the lovley review we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

I've eaten here many times but this week was the first in 2018. I was disappointed that the steaks were served on smaller plates and that of my 8 oz. sirloin, probably at least a third was fat and gristle. A friend had also had a poor steak which she returned so when her new meal arrived I took the opportunity to speak to the waiter or maybe he was a chef. I'm not sure about that, he wasn't dressed as one. His response seemed to lurch from one 'excuse' to the other. On the one hand he argued that the plates weren't smaller( but as we were sawing away at the tough steak the salad and potatoes were falling off as the rim was much smaller) and that I had a rogue piece of tough steak from an excellent new supplier and I should have returned it. On the other hand he complained that Greene King is such a large organisation that they wouldn't listen to one branch complaining. So having tried and failed to give customer feedback in person I've reverted to Trip Advisor.