1,131 results
All reviews tgi fridays train station cruise terminal accor hotels retail park shopping centre west quay short stay comfortable bed would stay again pre cruise within easy walking distance per day mayflower theatre one night stay night's sleep following morning
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

The room is reasonably pleasant however on one day despite leaving the room at 8:30 am with the “please make up my room” sign on the door when I returned at 18:00 the sign was still on the door but the room was not serviced. Upon discussing this with reception I was informed that there were no staff available to provide the service!

On Friday and Saturday night there was tremendous noise in the corridor with people singing and shouting, a distinct lack of management control.

Breakfast, the full English that is was simply awful, with tasteless apparently fake scrambled egg, leather sausages, the bacon was inedible and the mushrooms soggy, frankly I would have paid double not to have eaten it. On the other days I had the light breakfast, uncooked fortunately this was much better, although as a group that evolved from France, I don’t think that Accor can be proud. This place could and should do much better.

When upon checkout I spoke with the duty Manager who was sympathetic and dealt with my complaint in a reasonable and appropriate manner

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank StephenR744
Waqas Bin T, General Manager at Ibis Southampton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to learn about your experience in the hotel. Please be assured that I will speak with housekeeping manager regarding not servicing your room despite the sign. We have additional security on weekends and also remind our guests to respect other residents in the hotel. I will speak with the team to improve our breakfast service and really appreciate your feedback.

Ibis Southampton Centre

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

If you’re expecting 5* star you don’t want an Ibis, but if you want a clean, modern, good value hotel then the Ibis is great.
The hotel is in a great location near the Cruise terminals, railway station, West Quay shopping centre and various restaurants.
The lobby & bar/restaurant are modern and clean. The rooms are of a reasonable size and include tea/coffee making facilities, air conditioning, hanging space and modern bathroom. All in one liquid soap/shampoo is provided.
The beds are large & comfy.
The staff are very friendly and happy to help with any queries etc.
If you’re looking for a clean & central room that won’t break the bank...the Ibis ticks the boxes.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback.

Indeed the location is great being close to West Quay Shopping, Cruise terminals and town centre. Thank you for mentioning cleanliness and our staff. Our rates are very competitive and the earlier you book, the better it will be for you.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Many Thanks,

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel
Clean and bright
Friendly staff
Highly reccommended
Room was spotless
Had breakfast here. Its was well worth the £8+ as it was all you could eat.
Cant think of anything to say bad except maybe i wish the aircon blew out a bit colder air.
But otherwise a great place to stay

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Waqas Bin T, General Manager at Ibis Southampton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at ibis Southampton.

I am pleased to read your comments regarding your stay and feel very happy about the service provided by ibis Southampton Team.

I am sorry about the air cooler, please be assured that I will request our maintenance engineer to check this. Thank you for letting us know.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

We booked here for one night dinner bed and breakfast due to constraints on our travel itinerary.

The hotel is light, bright and airy, well maintained and in a quiet area with pleasant and helpful staff.

The rooms are compact with all the necessary essentials and the beds are very comfortable.

The dinner was buffet style with soup, salads, and choice of two main courses and cakes for dessert.

Overall a very good hotel and only a 7 minute walk to the old town and 2 minutes to the West Quay Shopping Centre and Ikea.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Margareth700,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am glad that you have enjoyed the stay and our group buffet dinner during recent visit.

Indeed the hotel is very close to Ikea and West Quay Shopping Mall.

Looking forward to welcoming you again shortly.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Had a really great stay here for one night; the staff were so good especially Mark who made us feel really welcome. The hotel is very modern, clean and the bedrooms were great. Will certainly return and would highly recommend.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank joemC8236EZ

Dear Joe M,

Thank you for staying for one night with us.

I am pleased to read your feed back about the hotel as you found it to be clean and modern. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our staff, Mark and I will also share your comment with him.

I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you for longer time on your next stay.