1,130 results
All reviews tgi fridays train station cruise terminal accor hotels retail park shopping centre west quay short stay comfortable bed would stay again pre cruise within easy walking distance per day mayflower theatre one night stay night's sleep following morning
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel
Clean and bright
Friendly staff
Highly reccommended
Room was spotless
Had breakfast here. Its was well worth the £8+ as it was all you could eat.
Cant think of anything to say bad except maybe i wish the aircon blew out a bit colder air.
But otherwise a great place to stay

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Waqas Bin T, General Manager at Ibis Southampton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at ibis Southampton.

I am pleased to read your comments regarding your stay and feel very happy about the service provided by ibis Southampton Team.

I am sorry about the air cooler, please be assured that I will request our maintenance engineer to check this. Thank you for letting us know.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

We booked here for one night dinner bed and breakfast due to constraints on our travel itinerary.

The hotel is light, bright and airy, well maintained and in a quiet area with pleasant and helpful staff.

The rooms are compact with all the necessary essentials and the beds are very comfortable.

The dinner was buffet style with soup, salads, and choice of two main courses and cakes for dessert.

Overall a very good hotel and only a 7 minute walk to the old town and 2 minutes to the West Quay Shopping Centre and Ikea.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Margareth700,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am glad that you have enjoyed the stay and our group buffet dinner during recent visit.

Indeed the hotel is very close to Ikea and West Quay Shopping Mall.

Looking forward to welcoming you again shortly.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Had a really great stay here for one night; the staff were so good especially Mark who made us feel really welcome. The hotel is very modern, clean and the bedrooms were great. Will certainly return and would highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank joemC8236EZ

Dear Joe M,

Thank you for staying for one night with us.

I am pleased to read your feed back about the hotel as you found it to be clean and modern. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our staff, Mark and I will also share your comment with him.

I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you for longer time on your next stay.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Visited here due to connection in Southampton on the 25th
June.
Easy to find (close to coach station)
Bed quite comfy, friendly easy staff.
Breakfast not bad - limited as continental. Orange guide was warm though.
No toiletries and ver small towels.

Room Tip: Bring own toiletries
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Waqas Bin T, General Manager at Ibis Southampton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us.

I am glad that you enjoyed the location of our hotel. I am sorry about the juice as it should be kept at the cold section of the buffet. Please be assured that I have spoken with staff to ensure this does not happen again.

May I also take the opportunity to inform you that additional toiletries for a small charge are available from reception.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Paid $421 Canadian for 2 nights for the most basic bare bones room we have ever had. Small, no air conditioning, no amenities. The location was good though and for the most part the room was clean and because of those two factors, I will give it a rating as high as average. Breakfast was badly overpriced so we didn't take it. Biggest concern I have with this place, though, is after we got home to Canada we had a $40 Cdn charge on our credit card that we know nothing about and the strangest thing about that is that it was on a different credit card than the one we used to pay for the room itself!! Our credit card company has been no help in resolving the matter and I hate to spend a bunch of money on long distance with the hotel trying to resolve it myself but in the end I might have to. Very strange and very concerning that this would happen. Still trying to get somewhere thru the credit card company but either way, something is very wrong here.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank lwhippler
Waqas Bin T, General Manager at Ibis Southampton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Dear lwhippler,

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback.

I am sorry to see that your stay did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies.
I can see that you are not sure about a charge taken from your credit card. I am more than happy to check from our end to find out why there would be charge on your credit card. From this platform, I can not see your booking details. Please contact me directly with the copy of your comments here and I can check the details of your bill.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards