2,274 results
All reviewscruise packagecruise terminalone night staybuffet styleshopping centrewest quayatriumshipportdocks
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

I had some trepidation about this hotel after booking with Secret Escapes and then reading reviews on Trip Advisor. My experience was positive. The hotel is in a fantastic location with car park next to it. Hotel states this is chargeable on its web site, I knew this before I booked. Booking in at reception was swift and friendly- evening joking with the receptionist. My room was clean and well presented. Breakfasts were buffet style with a full selection of cooked and cold choices available. Coffee and juice were good. I tried the restaurant on one evening- the food and service was very good but the price was quite high! Bar service was good. I stayed for four nights. Check out was efficient and friendly with no surprises. I feel my stay as booked through Secret Escapes was good value.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank richard272727
MGervasoni17, General Manager at Grand Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Thank you for choosing Grand Harbour Hotel Southampton and for taking your time to share your feedback with us. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you were able to enjoy the facilities within the hotel.

I will pass on your gratitude to the staff who helped make your stay great, especially the receptionist on duty.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at the Grand Harbour Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

We stayed here for a night to celebrate our anniversary as this is where we spent our honeymoon night years ago. Although not the cheapest we booked the Tilley Suite and it was very pleasant, clean and tidy with a great view and the staff had kindly left some chocolates and a bottle of bubbly with a nice message. The bed was really comfortable and there was a good high class selection of bathroom items. If I was to make one comment I wasn't sure why the very good coffee/tea making facilities (super biscuits), were in the other room which didn't have anywhere to plug the kettle in?
We enjoyed our self-serve breakfast which had plenty of good quality choice but it would be better for the 2 juices in the dispensers to be cold.
With regard to the staff there was a very pleasant, humorous and helpful concierge (about 35'ish possibly Romanian/Hungarian) who looked after our cases until our room was ready but I did notice when we booked in and also when we booked out although both times there was a small queue that the reception staff, although professional, didn't smile at anybody approaching the desk, but this is easily rectifiable.
Overall we had a good time and for a special treat would happily return. Thank-you.

Room Tip: Good disabled parking facilities also very easy taxi call phone by the front desk - they were there in minutes
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ValandBrian3589

Thank you for choosing Grand Harbour Hotel Southampton and for taking your time to share your feedback with us. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us for such a special occasion and that you were able to enjoy all the facilities within the hotel.

I will pass on your gratitude to the staff who helped make your stay great and I will ensure that your feedback regarding your check in and check out experience is improved.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

In some ways this hotel does not live up to its status of "grand" as dining room suggests a more modest hotel. However, because of a conference our standard of room was overbooked so we were given an upgrade to a suite and this was very clean and spacious and lived up to its "grand" title. It also had a large balcony overlooking the Solent. Whilst we were received very well at reception, finding a porter to help with our luggage was a problem both on arrival and departure.
The dinner menu was very limited and one would have expected fish like plaice or sole (unbattered) as we were so close to the sea.
The hotel is well situated for the city and shopping and an excellent location for cruise travellers as it is close to a number of terminals. We will probably give this hotel another try but they have room for improvement.

Room Tip: Always book a room with a view overlooking The Solent.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ozlovers

Thank you for choosing Grand Harbour Hotel Southampton and for taking your time to share your feedback with us. I am delighted to hear that you had an good stay with us in the suite that you stayed in.

Thank you for your lovely feedback and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at the Grand Harbour Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights and was just ok.
Requested a fridge 3 times never arrived
Rang down for room service was 1 1/2 hours late when I rang down they said the waiter had tripped and then had to wait another half hour!
I ran a bath the following night for my son at 8pm and there was no hot water.
I then plucked up courage to complain which then they ‘kindly’ sent a bottle of wine to my room.
Then my husband noticed when the room was cleaned everyday they didn’t bother changing the bed. I could go on but all Iv stayed in many hotels and this was the worst hotel for service attitude of staff just not good enough for the price.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather7777

Thank you for choosing Grand Harbour Hotel Southampton and for taking your time to share your feedback with us. I am disappointed to read your feedback and apologise that we let you down on this occasion.

I will pass on your feedback to the team for further training and improvements.

Once again, please accept my apologies that your experience was not 100% satisfactory.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

We had a 1 night stay at The Grand Harbour Hotel on a Saturday evening. The package included an Executive Suite with Balcony and Sea View, a 3 course evening dinner for 2 and full breakfast for 2. The room was of a good size with king bed, tastefully furnished and decorated, a bathroom with both bath and shower, there was a safe and coffee/tea making facilities. The view from the balcony was fantastic overlooking the Test estuary and the ocean going cruise ships, we had a couple of hours there despite the occasional drizzle. The hotel restaurant was also good, our included dinner package was limited but offered us 3 good courses each which were tasty and satisfying. The hotel is excellently placed for sightseeing, with the old town and wall just over the road and the sky museum about 10 minutes walk. Overall a good hotel in a great location.

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea view and balcony/terrace are best
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank daviesrusu

Thank you for choosing Grand Harbour Hotel Southampton and for taking your time to share your feedback with us. I am delighted to hear that you had an good stay with us and were able to enjoy the amenities within and outside of the hotel.