“Takeaway fail”

Ranked #61 of 813 Restaurants in Southampton
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Uniquely authentic very popular Indian cuisine in the whole of hampshire. No one can beat Coriander Lounge in terms of quality, service at affordable prices. Why not give it a try to one and only world's best curry house.
Reviewed 29 May 2021

I’d like to start off with the fact that we like this restaurant, it’s one of my partners favourites. I am very impressed with their range of dairy free and gluten free options, so we were extremely pleased to see they were on Deliveroo. We placed our order at half 8 and was told the delivery time would be between 9:20-9:50, which was fine as we expected it to be busy. When it got to 10pm, the time had updated to 10:50... so I called the restaurant to check what was happening. Before I could even give my reference number they had told my order was out for delivery and that I’d have to take it up with Deliveroo... I didn’t give in and finally they took the reference number and said they in fact still has our food and was waiting for a driver to come.
I spoke to Deliveroo and that was delt with. When we got our meal, at half 10, our order wasn’t fully complete! It was shocking service, from a place we actually really like, really disappointing!

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,866)

Reviewed 25 May 2021 via mobile

The food was amazing and very good service. Highly recommend the restaurant. We will definitely be back soon!

Reviewed 25 May 2021

Received amazing service here. The staff were incredibly accommodating and took great care of us.

Good was also amazing. Had the butter chicken with a garlic naan, everything was cooked to perfection.

Reviewed 23 May 2021 via mobile

Went the on the first 17th so good we went back there on Saturday
Service great
Wine list great
Food excellent
Great atmosphere
Will be back very soon

Reviewed 23 May 2021 via mobile

Their first weekend of opening after Covid , was a bit of a panic about the place . But that was only to be expected, everyone wants to eat out after the shackles have come off . And the willingness by the management to accommodate as many diners as possible , was at times laughably chaotic . They got there in the end bless em , and as usual the service and food was up to their usual high standards.
Yes we did have to wait for a little longer than usual for our table due to Covid , and service was a little slower than the norm. But hey , who cares, we were out eating at a top Indian restaurant again . Having a great time , eating superb food , with great service . Thoroughly enjoyable evening , it’s so good to be back .

Date of visit: April 2021