All reviews complimentary gin and sherry rooftop bar deluxe suite comfortable bed i have ever slept this wonderful hotel white company toiletries floor restaurant luxury hotel relaxation room top floor little touches mini bar coffee machine fantastic stay birthday treat would highly recommend this hotel main restaurant
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

This was our second stay,the first being shortly after the hotel opened when it was clear that there were several teething troubles which marred our experience . These issues have all been addressed which made our stay a first class experience. Staff were universally friendly, helpful, caring and genuinely keen to ensure that we had a good time. Check-in was fast and efficient. Rooms are spotlessly clean and well appointed with a large bathroom which had both a bath and a shower. Dinner was superb, as was breakfast with a range of choice to cater for all tastes. Service was excellent. This is not a cheap hotel but the experience is first class in every way and there is good access to Ocean Village, not to mention some splendid views over the Solent and the Marina

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry O
Simon M, General Manager at Southampton Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Dear Mr Oddie,

Thank you very much for your review. It gave us great pleasure to welcome you back, as well as to learn you and your wife had an enjoyable time with us. I hope we are lucky enough to see you another time soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

I didn't enjoy this hotel at all, and I am a very experienced and fairly tolerant hotel guest. Here i explain why I didn't like it.
Check in was tedious. They didn't have enough staff to deal with the surge in incoming and outgoing guests. Yes, they were busy, but they are a hotel in an international port. The staff are individually very nice and kind of helpful in a casual way.

The Deluxe King size room, facing the Marina was a big disappointment. The part of the Marina I could see was a sidearm, with a great view of the appointments the other side. I am puzzled why we were supplied with binoculars.
The room was too small for a couple with two suitcases. The King size bed filled most of the room. There were two chairs, unsociably placed either side of the desk. The room did have a hairdryer but no power points near enough a mirror to use it with a mirror. The windows wouldn't open and the room was stuffy, which would have been okay if there was a common area to go and sit outside. There isn't. There is a loud busy bar, with an outside area. Good for the hotel. Not great for guests. Very noisy and nowhere to sit
The bathroom is small without anywhere to put makeup and hair brushes. The rain shower is difficult to operate and I could only manage to make it warm, rather than hot. There is a heated towel rail but you have to be 6 ft tall to put a towel on it that is high enough not to dangle over the toilet. They got positive points for charger points near the bed.
On to breakfast which is in a spot with a lovely view. The buffet is pleasant, but the choices are a bit narrow. It's a big area, understaffed and a bit disorganized. Took a while to get a coffee( 30 minutes)
If you want to eat in the restaurant book ahead - they don't keep spots back for hotel guests., nor was I warned that I should book.

Room tip: Ask for a full marina view. Don't pay extra for a sidearm view
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elaine S

Dear Elaine S,

Thank you very much for your review. I am very sorry to read your stay was disappointing and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your visit in more detail. Please do contact me directly on Simon. Maguire@harbourhotels.co.uk at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights recently in a suite and it was great with fabulous views of the Marina, great service, good restaurant and breakfast. The hotel is well located and provided the hotel car for no charge to take us to the nearby Cruise Ship Terminal. Our only complaint ( and it’s minor ) is that there was no soap holder in the shower in our suite which seemed a bit odd.

We would stay here again and would recommend.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Foodandwin,

Thank you very much for such a great review! I'm really pleased to read you had a great visit and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 13 August 2018

We stayed here for one night and had a fantastic time. Beautiful hotel with exceptional staff. The room and views of the harbour were lovely and the Harbar on the 6th floor was brilliant. We had cocktails in the Harbar and the sun had just decided to appear, so it was a fabulous view over the harbour. Breakfast was very relaxed and enjoyable and the location itself is ideal. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a special night away.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear hails32,

Thank you for such a great review! The way you describe your stay is exactly what we want our guests to experience, so I'm very pleased to learn you had a great visit.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

I held my 50th Birthday Party here on 4th August. The events team were excellent to deal with and nothing was too much trouble. On the day I felt like I had an army of staff waiting to help me get set up and throughout the event I had go-to people who were around at all times should I have needed them. They made the event run to time. The quality of the food was superb for 130 sit down dinner. I used the DJ they recommended who was excellent and with the weather being so great we made excellent use of the outside space. The Bow Room is a good size and has a luxurious feel. The rooms are beautiful and beds very comfortable. Rooms have complimentary gin and sherry. All the staff were very friendly and the hotel has an upper class / friendly atmosphere. Beautiful views from the terrace which you get personal use of. I had a photo booth, performer, 7 light up letters, sweet table, cake table and 13 round tables which remained throughout the event with room to keep the dancefloor clear. Everyone left feeling truly spoilt. I would definitely recommend this venue for a special event.

Room tip: We had a connecting room so the children could be next door. The room overlooked a huge yacht in the marina
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Steve N,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us after your birthday celebration. The team and I are really pleased to read your comments and to learn you truly enjoyed your party. We hope you come to see us again another time soon.