Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ibis Budget
Travelocity$66
Priceline$66
Hurb$68
1,715 results
All reviews single bunk tgi fridays rooms are basic continental breakfast what it says on the tin city centre retail park short stay stayed one night cruise terminal an overnight stay railway station ikea docks ship
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 June 2022 via mobile

On arrival I was greeted effectiently at check-in, having checked in online I was somewhat surprised at a £10 early check in fee. When I arrived at my room it was spotless and I went out to enjoy my stay. The next morning I feel I probably took £5 worth of pastries considering other chains charge £8 for continental breakfast. I did find the room too hot and the bed quite uncomfortable, I think a £10 deposit for a kettle was too expensive, although I don’t often use it. The en-suite facilities had an interesting layout but it worked. Working in hospitality myself I can’t really fault the staff ,I have to admire the long hours they work . The external noise was appalling coming from the 24h drive through right behind my room , although there are plenty of signs about the noise so McDonalds are obviously aware of the issue. £83 was a little expensive for the price paid especially on the ALL rate . Usually there’s a charger by the bed , but I didn’t find it that important.

Room tip: Very close to railway station, A lot of noise behind the hotel Breakfast selection OK Close to Horizon (MSC) and City Cruise terminals
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2022

I had a small double room on the third floor. For the tariff, which is reasonable, the room was clean, bathroom ship-shape and everything you'd need. The 24-hour reception is handy, and it's super close to Portsmouth and Southsea station and Portsmouth University. (The clientele did appear to be on the younger side, with the odd mature, solo traveller such as myself.) There was a good bar and big reception area to sit and muse. It's a large, modern hotel, so there's not the ambience of an historic establishment but for the money it was all I needed. No surprises, no stress, fair rate and friendly staff. No worries as we say downunder!

Room tip: Ask for a quiet room - non -smoking if you are that way inclined
Date of stay: June 2022
Reviewed 4 June 2022

The whole place felt icky - not really clean, and the rooms felt as if you were on a ship or in a caravan. Staff weren't particularly friendly and I would never stay in this chain again. V disappointing. Glad it was only one night!

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 27 May 2022 via mobile

I was extremely disappointed with the service and state of this hotel. It was a redesigned toilet stall and I found bugs in my bed. The food was alright though our room was situated next to a Mac Donald’s and we are kept awake by the noise of the place.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2022

We booked this hotel well in advance as we were going on an 11 day cruise sailing from Southampton. We found the hotel easily with the sat nav and they have ample parking. You will need to pay £10.00 per night however for parking there.
Everyone was very helpful, they even printed our Portugese locater forms out for us before we left.
There are ample places to eat next door, MacDonalds and TGIF's and the centre of town is just a ten minute walk.
The rooms were spotless and the staff excellent.
Ideal if you are driving to Southampton to board a cruise liner, bu took early because the hotel was full of people going on the same cruise as us.

Date of stay: April 2022