1,460 results
All reviews gunwharf quays great location car park spinnaker tower historic dockyard bars and restaurants per day shopping centre parking ticket the breakfast area hms victory train station breakfast was included hotel guests hotel is situated yogurt gun wharf
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Always try and give a honest review
Rooms small bed very small breakfast average price high
Has a 5 for purely customer service
Well done especially reception couldn’t ask for more
Very near to shops excellent parking included

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

We last stayed here ten years ago. It was a great hotel. So when staying in the city, her was my first choice. How wrong. A prostitute knocked on my door and tried to come in the room with me and my children at 3:30pm who was ten digits out on the room number! The room is out dated and dirty. The room stinks of ciggerette smoke. The noise from roads, trains, revellers etc makes it unbearable to sleep. My physically disabled child was given a sofa bed to sleep in that folded in half as it was so old. The breakfast was OK. In the room it says if your stay is not 10/10 let them know. I did just that with vicktoria on reception who said that as I had booked through a travel agent she couldn't deal with me and gave me the card and email address of the manager to contact after our stay. Avoid this hotel at all costs. This hotel is worse than any budget hotel I've stayed in before. I expected more from this brand

1  Thank sophandizzysmummy
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Great location right In the heart of restaurants and shopping on the water.
You are defiantly paying for location not the rooms. Hotel was dated, rooms were small. Wouldn’t stay again would try get something nicer and more value for money. Over priced considering the size and state of the rooms. Breakfast was nice.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - Gunwharf Quays, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2018

Hi new-Zealand-kiwi86,

Thank you for recently staying with us. I am glad to learn that our location was convenient for your needs. Thank you for noting the good breakfast offered.

I am sorry for not meeting your expectations when it comes to the room received. We did not mean to make you feel uncomfortable. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Ingrid V.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Hotel is located right in the heart of it on Gunwharf Quays the location good for bars, restaurants and train and ferry links. Hotel is clean and tidy and staff friendly. Rooms are basic, small double bed, I didn’t know hotels were still using doubles usually queen size or larger.

Only found a couple of mains sockets so charging phone across the room and also no sockets situated near to mirror but there is hairdryer supplied. Night sleep was okay and rooms reasonably insulated.

Breakfast was very poor, bacon was dry, over cooked and hard as a rock. Fresh scrambled egg brought out and in taking some realised it was cold almost chilled taste and not recently cooked! An experience I never want to repeat, yuck! Best option is to stick to croissants which were very good.

Overall a lot paid for this hotel for average stay but location is spot on. May stay again if there was offer on but tbh many better hotels nearby for cheaper and only a few pound Uber journey if you do not want to walk.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deaniw
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - Gunwharf Quays, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Hello deaniw,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - Gunwharf Quays, UK. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate that you find our location to be convenient and for your nice comment about staff service.

On behalf of the hotel, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the electrical outlet layout and the breakfast selection. We will address these concerns. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Polite staff - welcome seemed to be different for each group of people that arrived, some received more info than others. Comfy but squeaky bed and noisy - room facing The Liquidist (?) and the Casino. All needs a facelift but overall a pleasant stay. Breakfast nice set up 5/10.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - Gunwharf Quays, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Hello Foxlox40,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - Gunwharf Quays, UK. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment about our staff and breakfast.

On behalf of the hotel, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding front desk service and the noisy bed. We will address these concerns. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be

Orlando