“Amazing Anniversary Dinner”

Price range: US$ 41 - US$ 70
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A fully re-furbished restaurant that has played host to a Thai restaurant and more notably Murray's which was a Portsmouth institution for many years.The former chapel for Portsmouth Grammar School has been delicately restored to a modern, sharp and elegant venue for fine dining.
Reviewed 27 July 2018

Restaurant 27 came highly recommended and it is easy to see why it is No.1 on Tripadvisor. My wife and I had the £55 tasting menu and every course was stunning. The service was friendly and attentive without being formal and the staff took the time to explain each course. We enjoyed meeting Annie, the sous chef, who certainly knows how to create magic in the kitchen and Claudio, who runs front of house, was charming and never stopped smiling. The atmosphere is lovely and adds to the relaxed and friendly vibe. Wine choice was good and reasonably priced. They are not on the menu, but they make a mean espresso martini too!

1  Thank Jeremy N

Reviewed 22 July 2018

A little gem to be found in Southsea. Great atmosphere, great service and really amasing food. The whole experience was a real pleasure and to be strongly recommended

1  Thank SurreyDeedee
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Brilliant all round food was out of this world everything was amazing staff were so well trained and the decor was so in tune with the laid bk vibe to a superb night and will deffo be bk for round 2

1  Thank Mark R
Reviewed 21 July 2018

I have only once before given 5 stars on TA ( Virgin Atlantic to NYC ) but 27 totally merits 5 stars. My daughter had noticed it when a student in Portsmouth and for her graduation we went for a family meal at 27. This is a place to savour every morcel of food definitely not just to satisfy an appetite. The staff explained what each dish was and the magic they had created with the flavours was not something I expected to find in Southsea but what a pleasant surprise. Each dish was made with the finest ingredients and presented with such panache eg the dessert comes on a ceramic tile and served with dry ice.

This is fine high end dinging but not ridiculously expensive (£55 per head ) given the quality of the food and let's face it, eating here is definitely a treat.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

I love cooking, and don’t often eat out at expensive restaurants as I always feel that I could have cooked things myself. However we decided to book Restaurant 27 to celebrate my birthday and our wedding anniversary . We were joined by my son who was Home from University. From the moment we arrived we felt very welcome. As each course arrived the food was explained to us in detail (but not In patronising way). We had the £55 tasting menu and every single course was superb . We are trying to find an excuse to return here as soon as we can.

2  Thank Frances H