“Excellent food”

The Fisherman's Kitchen
Ranked #14 of 738 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Description: Fish & Chips is one of life's great pleasures. The smell of salt and vinegar on hot freshly cooked battered fish and chips is hard to beat and this national dish is well and truly part of British culture. The Fisherman's Kitchen was born from our love of Fish & Chips. Without meddling with this great British classic we set out to cook the best battered fish and chips around with crisp batter and perfectly cooked freshly cut chips. We also felt fish and chips didn't just have to be battered or be in the form of cod and haddock. We offer numerous grilled fish and seafood options alongside homemade salads, dips, a selection of side options and weekly specials all paired with great beers and wines. Sit in, takeaway or delivery from the comfort of your own home, the choice is yours. We hope to see you soon at The Fisherman's Kitchen soon.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

After looking for a place to eat me and my friend came upon the fisherman's kitchen, it looked clean and inviting from the outside and we were not disappointed inside. The staff were friendly and very helpful, full of smiles, the food smelt amazing as we sat down and this was before we had even looked at a menu. once we had ordered and got our food the presentation was spot on and looked amazing, the fish was cooked excellently light and flaky with a thin crisp, non greasy batter with a hand cut portion of chips to make your mouth water. Not being a fan of mushy peas i skipped the pea puree that my friend had ordered but did try it and regretted not getting a pot for myself along side my tasty caesar salad. Suffice to say me and my friend were very impressed with all of it as a whole and will be back to try other dishes off the menu.

1  Thank Tom A

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

After entering a competition on Facebook I won and went to claim my prize. I couldn’t have been more pleased. Lovely clean restaurant, friendly staff and our food was lovely. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

The FK catered a 2 course takeaway meal for 18 people last Friday night. They provided fish cake and pea purée for starter then cod and chips with curry sauce for the main. Everything was delicious and cooked perfectly. It was all ready for collection (ordered and paid for 3 days in advance) having just been cooked at 7:30pm. Excellent service and food. Only improvement to be made is to update the website to reflect the delivery service no longer exists.

We finished the meal off with a cake from the Tenth Hole, also in Southsea.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

I was staying nearby and looking for a fish and chip shop where we could also sit down. The fish was delicious (flaky, thin but crispy batter), chips were good (minimal number of thin bits, mostly the good chunky ones) and the pea purée was also ace. They are licensed. The staff were really friendly.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

I ordered the special fish and chips. It comes with french fries, pea, tartar sauce and a drink. All that for 12.5£ I guess it’s very good value. And the taste was one of the best i had.