“So Simple, so good”

Victoria Coffee House
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

If I'm honest, we went here because we couldn't be bothered to cook our own breakfast! What a fine choice! All my wife and I wanted was a simple sandwich and a coffee. My wife had a bacon sandwich, load of beautifully cooked thick cooked bacon on ( I assume) locally produced white bread. The sausage sandwich I had over flowed with the most incredibly tasty pork sausages just about contained inside two thick slices of granary bread. The coffe was rich, smooth and strong.

The staff were efficient and friendly.

What better way to start a Saturday morning than to watch the work go by from the window seat of this little gem of a place!

1  Thank JTiplady

Reviewed 29 November 2017

We were recommended this cafe for a late breakfast. We had a full breakfast and eggs benedict. The breakfast was superb - nicely presented with lots to eat including a small pot of jam which seemed to be home made. The eggs benedict comprised 3 fresh poached eggs, a substantial amount of ham and a smooth bearnaise sauce which did not overpower the eggs. Service was very good. Prices very good.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed sandwiches and tea at this cute cafe while passing through town on a walking tour. Good selection of entrees plus sweets and coffee/tea. Free WiFi is nice touch too.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

We chose this at random on a busy day; we shall return on another !
Centrally located , near the market, the interior is spacious and affords a variety of seating, a bit Coffee One ish.
Our food was freshly cooked and excellent,My sausage sandwich was easily the most filled example ever seen and was also clad in super artisan bread, at a bargain price.
My wife enjoyed a very creamy example of scrambled egg, but could not eat it all.
Decent pots of tea in clean china and very pleasant service
Recommended.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Called in today for breakfast after reading good reviews on here. I’m afraid we won’t be going back. We arrived at 9 am but it was 9:50 before our breakfast arrived after 6 other customers who had arrived after us had already been served. I asked the waitress if she could explain why we had to wait until all these others had been served the same meal we had asked for but her only comment was “It’s nearly ready”. At that point she disappeared into the kitchen then walked straight past me to our table to put down the plates. We then had to ask the people at the next table if we could use their sauce as we hadn’t been asked if we wanted any. Full marks to the new young waitress there, who was on her first day, who apologised for the wait as we were leaving. The other waitress ignored my request for an explanation as to how this happened! What a shame that the breakfast was very mediocre too and reminiscent of a fast food chain!