US$ 153
  • Restaurant
Kings Head Hotel(Cirencester)(Great Value!)
US$ 152
  • Restaurant
Corinium Hotel & Restaurant(Cirencester)(Great Value!)
US$ 140
The Ivy House(Cirencester)(Great Value!)
US$ 121
Official Site
The Old Bungalow Guest House(Cirencester)(Great Value!)
US$ 115
Official Site
The Golden Cross Inn(Cirencester)(Great Value!)
US$ 90
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Bathurst Arms(North Cerney)(Great Value!)
US$ 140
Priceline
Greensleeves Bed & Breakfast(Cirencester)(Great Value!)
US$ 108
TripAdvisor
Barnsley House(Barnsley)
US$ 474
US$ 433
All reviewsgroupon dealevening mealrefurbished roomwalled gardenlovely hotelenjoyable breakbar foodbreakfast was buffet stylenight breakshort breakno liftroom was largeboth morningscirencester townnew ownersstayed here for two nightswedding venue
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Grumpy reception staff, very old stinky rooms, inexperienced untrained bar staff, not relaxing at all. Not returning back
We went for my husbands birthday with groupon voucher including dinner and breakfast. There is not many positive things to say. It wasn’t a friendly welcoming atmosphere at all.The staff was a joke, they can’t even open the wine bottle. One of them came and asked our dinner orders after he took our orders 30 minutes ago!!! We have waited our mains for an hour at least.
Positives the dinner and breakfast were enjoyable .

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Hotelrep01, General Manager at Stratton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us. I am sorry to read you faced some challenges and can assure you that some comments relating to the team are not ones that I come across very often, if not totally the opposite. However, saying that I don’t like to just push this to one side and will be speaking to the team directly.

With reference to the team, one of the best ways to train new team members is on the job training and I am sorry you did not see this as a welcoming sign for the time and effort we invest in training our new team members. With all job roles it can take time to ‘crack it’ but once we do our guests certainly benefit from our exceptional customer service.

Regarding the room you stayed in, this is one of our standard rooms that are available on the groupon offer and the only few that are yet to be refurbished. Our other categories of refurbished rooms were available with a small upgrade charge of just £20 - you wouldn’t have been disappointed.

Overall I am glad you enjoyed aspects of your stay including breakfast and dinner and thank you for taking time to comment.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

very easy to find, very handy to walk into Cirencester,room was clean tidy and quiet toiletand shower spotless,only little problem was we had a room which was up a very narrow and extremely steep set of stairs not good if you got weak knees,apart from that evening meal was very nice and breakfast was superb tended to by very helpful staff would not hesitate to book again if in the area .

Room Tip: 6a is not for the weak knead
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Hotelrep01, General Manager at Stratton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you had a wonderful break with us. You enjoyed one of our lovely refurbished rooms but agree those stairs are a little steep to the two top floor rooms! Definitely worth it though.

I do hop to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one Night in the hotel. Room was really pretty. Classic english way of presentation. Dinner at the hotel was not that pleasing. May be not used to these typical food. Breakfast was nice. Overall good place for a short stay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you had a wonderful break with us. I am sorry to read you didn't particularly enjoy the food as we usually have great reviews, although hopefully breakfast made up for it.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel on a groupon deal, I was unsure as had briefly visited before refurbishment but read positive reviews since refurb begun. We arrived to very pleasant staff but were deeply disappointed with standard room we were given. Very dated interior and furnishings, dark, wallpaper peeling etc - after reading the guest information which was for a dog stay room I spoke to reception! They were so helpful and immediately suggested that they change our room to a superior on middle floor. Goodness what a difference! It was beautiful. Modern furnishing and refurbed bathroom, beautiful large window over looking garden. From then on we had a great stay - friendly helpful staff, delicious food and will definitely be returning. The lounge, restaurant and bar have all been refurbished, we look forward to a visit in the summer to enjoy a drink in the garden. If visiting again will definitely pay for the upgrade to superior room.

1  Thank erallen

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you had a wonderful break with us and enjoyed one of our refurbished bedrooms. We now only have a handful of rooms that are waiting to be refurbished but the newly refurbished rooms, I agree, are definitely worth the upgrade.

I hope to welcome you back for that summer drink in the garden!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I took my partner away for a few days of R&R in the Cotswolds and my only criteria were: be close enough to the Thames path route and dog friendly. What we experienced at Stratton House really was a pleasant surprise.

Our room was on the ground floor and spacious enough for our pup. Also, the bathroom was gorgeous and clearly newly renovated. We ate in the bar every night and the food was very good, especially the chunky chips. We also enjoyed a few bottles of the house red - well recommended. The breakfast was enjoyable, they made up veggie sausages for my other half and made our flasks for when we were out walking. Also, we had packed lunches made for us and they were so sweetly prepared each morning.

Yet it wasn’t the food nor the room that made the stay, it was the people. Not only were the staff we met polite, they were genuinely interested in how our day had been and letting us play the loaned board games. The staff at breakfast were busy but never rushed and the ladies who I met at reception always seemed pleased to see us. Selina has been great in organising everything ahead of and during our stay.

But there has to be one very special shout out: Thomas! On two of the nights he was in the bar and on the day of checkout he was working in the restaurant during breakfast. He was kind, courteous and made his own recommendations for what we should eat and drink. It’s hard to describe what Thomas “did” whilst we were there, but I can tell you how he made us “feel” - welcome, relaxed and rested. Those are the things we came for, mission accomplished. Thank you Thomas and all of those at Stratton House, you’re on the top of our favourite list.

2  Thank Queenyb

The team work very hard in ensuring our guests have the perfect stay and I'm glad to read they impressed you during your stay, but especially Thomas who is a great asset to the team. It's lovely to read how he made you 'fell' during you stay and that all the hard work and training pays off. I will certainly pass on your feedback as I know the team will be very happy.

If you are planning walking in the area again, please do come back to see us (and Thomas!)