“central hotel cheltenham”

and 1 more site!
Central Hotel Cheltenham
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Cheltenham
Reviewed 20 April 2012

i had the misfortune of staying here recently,we had booked two double rooms and a twin,
when we arrived the first hurdle was finding the car park fortunately we never got clamped as previous visitors to the hotel.
the receptionist upgraded us to an apartment gave us the keys and we left to attend a wedding.
later that evening my partner and i returned and tried to find the apartment we went up an alleyway and were met by drunken maruding youths some shouting and swearing from the balcanies of flats, my daughter and son were returning after us.
we made the decision it was not safe and returned to the reception .
after a rude confrontation our rooms were changed there were no cups no spoons or facilities in the room.
when my children returned they went to their new room the carpet of which was soaked and they had to change again.my other daughter who was with her partner found that their room smelt of excrement i notice from previous reviews the hotel was being re-furbished some time ago im not sure what has been refurbished as the car park is still accessed via a building site and i cant see that it has been refurbished as it is definately in need of one i spoke to other guests who felt the same.i would like a refund but from previous reviews i feel that would be an impossibility

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank will p

Reviewed 19 April 2012

I agree with the previous reviewer, there is no goodwill or common sense here at this hotel!!!

I booked 2 nights at central hotel (en suite double room) through laterooms.com. When I arrived at the hotel I was told my booking had not been processed and therefore there was no en suite double room available.

I was told there was a twin room available which I could have, however no discount will be given for the mix up. As my original booking was not processed, I was told I would have to pay the full amount as my original booking for 2 nights for the twin room as they would still have to pay laterooms commission for the room. I informed the receptionist that this was not what I booked and I was told to stay the night in the twin and speak to the Manager the next day,

The next day when I came down to speak to the Manager, I was ordered to pay the full amount for the 2 nights. The ‘rude’ manager insisted no discount will be given and that I should pay for the room even though it was not what I booked!... The manager gave 2 options to leave or pay for the twin room, so I decided to leave!

The next day I received a call from the owner of the hotel, who instructed me to pay for the night I stayed at the hotel and even though the manager and the receptionist both had said to leave as one of the options this was a mistake by them and I would have to pay for the night in the twin room, as they would not be incurring the cost of their mistake to laterooms. As this trip was turning into a nightmare I decided to pay for the room.

This has to be the worst run hotel I have ever been to and I would urge everyone to read all previous reviews as it seems they have a history of poor processes and customer service!

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bobby404
Reviewed 11 April 2012

avoid car park...clampers are very very quick to make money. we stopped to find car park..were still in car and they crept along side of car and clamped us...not a great start....please please be very careful it will cost you £90 before your break even starts !!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank p&mwilshaw
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Big Mistake Booking. Made a booking in error. Was looking to book Hotel in Cheltenham Australia. Booked Cheltenham UK. Manager was informed within 24hrs of booking being made. We accepted there would be no refund as is their policy.Payment of £402 had not yet been taken.The Manager was asked by Booking.Com on our behalf to show leniency and if we could change the dates. ANSWER NO.
SO BEWARE THIS COMPANY HAS NO COMPASION.NO GOODWILL.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Pauline A
CentralHotelGroup, Manager at Central Hotel Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

The Central Hotel have been dealing with this reservation. The guest has made a non refundable reservation, which is clearly stated when making the booking through Booking.com. The reservation is non refundable because of special events happening in Cheltenham. As well as the cancellation policy being clearly stated on Booking.com, so is the address, including the country that the guest is booking for.

I do not beleive the guest has booked for an incorrect country, as he has asked to swap the dates. We have agreed to make a seperate reservation, at a discounted price (out of goodwill), as the reservation was non refundable. We did not have to offer this, as Central Hotel will actually lose money by offering this.

Furthermore, the date today is 7th March 2012, and the reservation date is not until April 2012. The guest has not acutally stayed at Central Hotel.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

An evening kick-off for a football match a hundred miles from home called for somewhere local to lay my head for the night, so I booked a single room at the Central. I booked on-line for £40. I was given a free upgrade to a twin bedded room and was more than satisfied with the facilities therein. En-suite, Flat screen 32" TV, microwave, fridge plus tea/coffee making facilities. KV. there is no phone in the room, no wake-up call service nor is there an alarm facility on the TV SO TAKE AN ALARM CLOCK WITH YOU.
The building is grade ll listed and the rooms show their period. Mine had an old fashioned fire grate (unused). The central heating is quite adequate. My room (18) faced the road and there could be a problem for the light sleepers as the curtains did not reach to the bottom of the window and the street light was in the room all night.
There is the availability of a continental breakfast for £5 but don't bother, as a 'greasy spoon' cafe less than a minute away serves a very good 'all day breakfast' for £1.50......yes One Pound Fifty Pence! (February 2012) Give it a try.
Their car park will only accomodate about 10 vehicles at best and until August 2012 the road by which you would normally gain access is closed, so phone the hotel for detour directions before trying to get into it.
Overall I would be glad to recommend the Central as a value for money place to stay in Cheltenham.

Room Tip: Try to avoid one that faces the main road.