All reviews quiet square town centre teddy bear top floor steep steps no lift lovely hotel gave us a map superior room breakfast was excellent car park full english short walk large room porridge bed was very comfortable warm welcome
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Perfectly placed to explore Cheltenham, an easy walk to everything. Having it’s own parking is also an advantage. Room was comfortable and had all we needed. Breakfast and our evening meal were delicious with great choices. Staff friendly and welcoming. Would definitely stay here again & recommend.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
clarence99, Owner at Clarence Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that all of the team looked after you so well, I will certainly pass on your kind comments. I was very pleased to hear you enjoyed our food at dinner and our fabulous full English breakfasts. We do try to use locally sourced ingredients as much as possible, we believe this and cooking everything to order makes a big difference. We hope to welcome you back to Clarence Court and Cheltenham very soon and thanks once again for your lovely comments. Regards Chris Traveler Tip: Remember it is always cheaper when you book direct on our website or over the phone on 01242 580411 rather than through an on line agent as we pay them a large commission.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Great hotel, great staff, good location for the town centre with free parking. The owners also were very accommodating regarding my gluten free and diary free dietary requirements. Would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your lovely review I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that all of the team looked after you so well, I will certainly pass on your kind comments. I We hope to welcome you back to Clarence Court and Cheltenham very soon and thanks once again for your lovely comments. Regards Chris Traveler Tip: Remember it is always cheaper when you book direct on our website or over the phone on 01242 580411 rather than through an on line agent as we pay them a large commission.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

My room was exactly as shown on the website and I felt very comfortable and at home in it. Only downside was that I looked out onto the car park as it was on the ground floor.
Service at breakfast was quick and friendly and would definitely use The Clarence again.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your lovely review I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that all of the team looked after you so well, I will certainly pass on your kind comments. Being a city center hotel many of our rooms do have 'city views' but we are always happy to try and allocate rooms higher or lower on request and our Deluxe rooms all overlook the lovely park opposite us. I was very pleased to hear you enjoyed our fabulous full English breakfasts. We do try to use locally sourced ingredients as much as possible, we believe this and cooking everything to order makes a big difference. We hope to welcome you back to Clarence Court and Cheltenham very soon and thanks once again for your lovely comments. Regards Chris Traveler Tip: Remember it is always cheaper when you book direct on our website or over the phone on 01242 580411 rather than through an on line agent as we pay them a large commission.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

Stayed here with my girlfriend whilst staying in the area, is a close walk to a nice park and bars / restaurants.

Unfortunately this weekend the hotel had maintenance works going on and we had planned to spend Saturday relaxing in our room. This was impossible due to the hammering on the wall behind the bed and the jet engine noise and constant beeping of the cherry picker also outside of the window. I don't know why it has to beep to operate.

Had I been informed this was occurring I would not have stayed here.
Explained to reception but was not offered a resolution only told work was essential.

Would have expected change of room or partial refund.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank bighayz
clarence99, Owner at Clarence Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear bighayz
Thank you for your comments; I am very sorry that you felt disappointed. We like any business do need to carry out maintenance on our building and being a historic listed building it is important that this is done in a timely manner. Our gutters had suffered over the winter and needed replacing to prevent water ingress into the fabric of the building. Being a 4 story building the only way to access these is either by scaffolding or by using a cherry picker. The least intrusive of these is the cherry picker hence why we chose it. The work needed a dry day to work safely at height and therefore given our erratic weather could only be scheduled at the last minute. I am sorry you felt that our carrying out these works detracted from your stay but in our defense we had limited our contractor to working between 10am and 4pm when most people are out enjoying the many attractions of Cheltenham and the Cotswolds. Again I am sorry you felt disappointed and hope you will accept that this was essential maintenance work and we carried it out at a time we felt would have minimum impact on our guests. If you are visiting Cheltenham again in the future then please do contact me direct in order that I can personally look after your reservation and welcome you to the hotel. Regards Chris
Traveller Tip: Remember it is always cheaper when you book direct on our website or over the phone on 01242 580411 rather than through an on line agent as we pay them a large commission.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I decided to head down to Cheltenham for the bank holiday weekend. Although we have stayed in other hotels and were very happy with them, my life really liked the look of this one, so we booked it. And what a delightful stay over it was. A very warm welcome, delightful room, in a beautiful Georgian building.

Room facilities are as you would expect, tea/coffee with those caramelised biscuits everyone loves but never buys. The room was clean and trust me my wife expects the highest standards before agreeing to a five star rating.

Didn't eat here but used the bar, was able to sit outside and enjoy a drink. Prices were reasonable, not the usual extortionate hotel rates.

The breakfast was very good, with a decent choice and locally sourced products. Always a pleasure over the corporate supplies buffets of the chain hotels.

Would we stay here again, absolutely. Can't beat the benefits of free parking, comfortable rooms and a warm welcome.

1  Thank vaughanie_69

Thank you so much for your lovely review I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly pass on your wife's evaluation of the room to my housekeeping staff who I know will be very pleased by them. I was also very glad to hear that you enjoyed our fabulous full English breakfasts, we do try to use locally sourced ingredients as much as possible, we believe this and cooking everything to order makes a big difference. We hope to welcome you back to Clarence Court and Cheltenham very soon and thanks once again for your lovely comments. Regards Chris