All reviews sister hotel hot chocolate honesty bar apple tv complimentary taxi turn down service little touches continental breakfast sky tv twin showers mini croissants great boutique pre breakfast nespresso machine stylish hotel pittville park lovely touch
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Just wanted to warn anyone who would even contemplate of staying there to please cross it off your list.
At 200 British pounds per night the hotel did not even have a cupboard in any of the rooms. When I asked about it they showed me 2 hooks on the wall. The bathroom did not even have a glass to brush your teeth.
We were the only guests in the hotel so obviously others were smarter than us.
In the breakfast room the chairs were so dirty that you nearly stuck to them.
It was the worst hotel in the Cotswolds that we encountered.

4  Thank Judith L
Douglas C, General Manager at No 38 The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Judith L,

So sorry to read your comments regarding your stay with us.

I have addressed various points with the appropriate members of my team to ensure we have no repeats of this. We will re-varnish our table tops in our restaurant as the current varnish appears sticky even when clean.

Do let me know when you next plan to stay and we can make your stay memorable for the right reasons.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

As someone who has only ever been to Cheltenham for the racing, we thought it would be nice to actually explore some of the town when it isn't filled with 70,000 extra people! On the way to the racecourse I drive past this hotel and thought it looked the perfect place to treat my boyfriend for a birthday get away. Prior to arriving I had purchased gift vouchers for the restaurant at No 131 The Promenade (sister hotel) and booked a table for an evening meal. (which was gorgeous and we came back stuffed) We visited on a Sunday as getting booked on a Saturday in the hotel seemed to be nearly impossible unless I wanted to wait until 2019 but I took this as a good sign. I wasn't wrong. The hotel is beautiful. On arrival we were greeted by friendly staff and even though we arrived prior to check in time, our room was ready and we were given a tour of the hotel. A pull down service, morning newspaper and orange juice and pastry pre breakfast offer was given to us and we advised that we were booked for dinner at No 131 and a complementary taxi was booked for us.
We were shown to our room (No 3) and offered assistance with bags from the car. Parking was free as we had booked directly through the hotel. The room was spacious and clean and we loved the roll top bath and beautiful shower room. The products available to use (and buy) in the bathroom smelled amazing.
We set about exploring actual Cheltenham (there is actually more to it than 4 days in March and 3 in November) and found the town centre a 10 minute stroll away.
This hotel was the perfect spot to enjoy a little luxury and be perfectly located for all the amenities Cheltenham has to offer.
On Monday morning, after a chilled out breakfast in the gorgeous dining room, we checked out and asked to leave the car as we didn't want to head home immediately. This was no problem at all as long as we were back for 4pm but I guess that might change on a weekend when the hotel is busier. The beautiful Pittville Park immediately opposite the hotel gave us opportunity for a little stroll (and of course we walked up to the racecourse to see the hallowed turf) before we set off home. This was a great break and, even after one night we felt relaxed and refreshed.
The only things that stopped me giving this a 5/5 were: 1. In the shower room, the lip between shower tray and floor could be higher. The floor in the shower room was like the River Thames at high tide after a shower! 2. Instructions for the coffee machine in the room would have been useful and 3. when asking about a wedding brochure (hope the boyfriend doesn't read this!!!) was just told to look online.
Overall a brilliant stay and, after looking longingly at the hotel for years, am really pleased we have now actually been inside and experienced what the hotel has to offer. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The excellent rooms are indeed "Excellent"
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Amanda C,

Thank you so much for your review and it was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

It sounds like you had a wonderful stay and I am glad that my team were friendly and helpful and the food was really gorgeous at our sister property 131. We are so happy that this was a great break and even after one night you both felt relaxed and refreshed.

We have dealt with the shower floor issue in your room, will create coffee machine instructions and our new wedding brochure will be ready soon.

Do return soon. We would be delighted to see you again.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel is really nice with its Georgian style townhouse set in the quiet part of Cheltenham. While it is a rather long thirteen to fifteen minutes walk to the Royal Well Bus station the stay is worth it with the nice walk into Cheltenham and the nice breakfast (need extra payment in addition to the complimentary continental breakfast).

Cheltenham is a nice small town complete with various English brands and other international brands. It is a nice starting point for exploring Cotswold using the bus 801 from the Royal Well station

Dear San_san2014,

Thank you so much for your review.

Delighted to hear that enjoyed the property and your breakfast. Cheltenham is a great base to explore the Cotswolds and we are located in a lovely area.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to our beautiful hotel.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

We checked in at No 38 The Park for 2 nights over the weekend and can honestly say that we had the most amazing time. We regularly go away and I rarely write reviews, but just felt that I needed to this time as we were so pleased with our stay!

We had a lovely warm welcome when we arrived and were checked in to room 1 which is on the ground floor. It was so huge my mouth nearly hit the floor! The separate bathroom was also gorgeous with a double shower and bath (also huge).

This hotel really has thought of everything and we sure loved the little luxuries from the pre breakfast orange juice and croissants to the bath salts and sky TV.

We enjoyed the continental breakfast on both mornings, particularly the almond croissants! You have to pay for a cooked breakfast but we didn’t feel like we needed it on either day.

On our first night we had dinner at No 131 The Promenade and made use of the complimentary taxi both ways. Again, this was a great touch and took the hassle out of having to sort ourselves out. Dinner was fab and definitely worth a visit.

Having read the reviews of No 38 and the restaurant at their sister hotel, I was a little hesitant because of the price. However, there was no need for me to worry! I honestly don’t know what some people expect and I felt that I got really good value for money! If you’re also reading mixed reviews, my advice is not to hesitate and just book! Make the most of the facilities, ask for room 1 and you’ll have an amazing time.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Douglas C, General Manager at No 38 The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you for your lovely review.

You have captured everything we aspire to so perfectly. Delighted to hear that the team were friendly, you enjoyed your incredible room and the fantastic dinner at our sister property, 131.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful hotel very soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We absolutely loved our stay at No.38. It literally feels like a home away from home (I wish I lived here!) with gorgeous, stylish, high quality decor throughout. We felt so well looked after too - it was the perfect birthday weekend away. Highly recommend going to No.131 for dinner - the food is incredible.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple