All reviews hf holiday packed lunch boot room walking holiday the main street leader britain cereal cotswolds bourton water accommodation kettle
Reviewed 20 July 2016

Stayed for 4 nights as part of HF walking group. Very comfortable room in Windrush Cottage annex. Creaky floors but that added to the charm. The staff and service were excellent. So friendly, helpful and charming. Clean and tidy room and shared areas. Food was good. Sensible portions, tasty, well presented. Lovely lady at the little bar needs a special mention. Tranquil setting. Sorry to leave and hope to return.

Room Tip: Ground floor room in Windrush annex is good
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 April 2016 via mobile

Harrington House is run by HFHolidays providing walking and other holidays in the House. The rooms are of variable comfort and standard. Our room in the house was excellent - everything we needed with a great view over the gardens. The guided walks were well organized. Breakfasts and packed lunches offer great choices. The dinners were a little disappointing. Fish and mussels were not fresh; duck and steak pie were overlooked. They try to get 30ish dinners on the table within 10 minutes so I guess they have challenges. Guests eat together; not for everyone, but we enjoyed meeting people. An excellent holiday.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2015

We visited Harrington House as part of a members' special event. We have come to expect good standards of food after having stayed at several HF houses, but this was not as good as other places. The main course especially was poor, and this was the opinion of all those who had the roast beef on our table. The meat was pale and fatty, and the yorkshire puddings looked more like undercooked muffins. It is a pity that a promotional event for HF turned out to be less than satisfactory.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed 26 September 2015

I stayed here on an HF short break walking holiday which was very well run and enjoyable. The hotel itself had something the character of a youth hostel for senior citizens. The other guests who were mainly Canadian were almost all over sixty. The hotel was tailored for walking holidays with a boot room and drying facilities. Meals were served at large communal tables and a packed lunch of a sandwich which had to be pre-ordered and snacks was provided.

The bedrooms and communal areas were comfortable but somewhat characterless. The hotel has a large garden with plenty of seating and is in the centre of Bourton-on-Water.

The hotel is near several well-known long distance walking trails and is ideal for rambling. It is also close to a bus stop and shops.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 33 which was on the top floor of Jubilee Cottage and had only a small window and no wifi signal.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2015

Due to having a leg injury I was unable to walk. I chose Bourton- on- the- Water as it is one of the flattest places to walk in U.K
We arrived at the house to be told I was on the top floor!!!!!.I had already paid £20 to change my booking. I explained It was essential to have a room on the lower floor,or in the rooms in garden. Otherwise I would stay at home.loosing£ 300 deposit.
After this unpleasant confrontation, The Manager found us a room.This really upset both of us. It is not necessary if the booking was forwarded correctly.
I could not fault this stay after been given a room suitable for my disability. The food was excellent with a great choice. The sandwiches choice was excellent.
Guided walks was running at the house , We were given a voucher to try one walk, excellent idea.
Changes made a week ago with H>F> which is excellent.The leaders walks are now accessible to guests on a self guided holidays with clear directions and map.
All tied up on a rope to clip off.Must be returned!!!!!
The Leaders Ralph ,Bob. Vanessa made us feel very welcome, Also every meal different leaders sat with different guests. In the evening we were entertained. The Quiz was fun.
We have been with H.F. holidays 11 times. value for money/

Room Tip: The rooms facing the gardens are so quiet,
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple