1,097 results
All reviews trout farm arlington row beautiful village hot tub lovely hotel huge bathroom whopper four poster bar menu wedding breakfast private garden molton brown toiletries turn down service afternoon tea pretty village the cottages log fire
Reviewed 4 March 2017

We decided to return to the Swan Hotel at Bibury for our 49th anniversary as we spent the first night of our honeymoon here before travelling on to Cornwall.The whole experience was wonderful starting with the room we were given, which overlooked the river and bridge just as our room did 49 years ago, to the meal at night which was absolutely delicious. I was sorry that we were not in the old dining room which has now been converted to a conference room but the present dining room has a wonderful atmosphere and did not detract from the whole experience.The bedroom was wonderfully cosy and all fixtures and fittings were high standard.. The bed was so comfortable and pillows that you could disappear into. Every modern convenience was supplied. After falling asleep I don't remember much until woken by a voice that said "come on- breakfast" and.what a delight that was. Lashings of coffee, every breakfast item you could imagine from muesli, fresh fruit and yoghourt through eggs benedict, English cooked breakfast, fish dishes and croissants etc. etc but just continental too if one wanted that. Amazing.
Well done the Swan. We are thinking of coming back for our 50th anniversary next year and will be looking forward to doing it all over again in such a wonderful atmosphere. Last but not least,haven't mentioned the staff. They were great.Thank you all so much. ..

Room tip: Just ask for one overlooking the front of the hotel
Date of stay: March 2017
1  Thank dotstokes
Cotswoldinns, General Manager at The Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2017

Thank you for your lovely review and how wonderful that you returned to us to celebrate such a special day. All our staff strive to make each guest feel welcome and attend to their individual needs and I will pass your comments to them. We look forward to welcoming you back in 2018 for another special celebration

Reviewed 3 March 2017

I had heard about the Swan at Bibury and when we drove through the little village, decided to visit for afternoon tea.

I went to Reception and asked a receptionist if the hotel was dog-friendly. She replied yes and when I mentioned that we wanted afternoon tea, she indicated to a small room in front of her. It looked perfect and had an lovely open fire. I returned to the car to collect our dog and my husband and I sat in the little room and waited to be served. We waited a good 10-15 minutes, but no-one acknowledged us, let alone served us. I went back to reception to ask if we could be served. She replied that I would have to go to the bar to order afternoon tea. I responded that she knew that we wanted afternoon tea and could have told me at the beginning. There was no apology. I went to a very noisy and packed bar and waited again. I felt as if I was in a pub and not a four star hotel. Having ordered, I returned to the little room and we waited, forced to listen to the conversation of a receptionist with a very high and loud voice. A young man arrived with tea and cups and put them on our table. When I indicated to him that the table was dirty and could he clean it, we heard an audible huff! He removed the teapot and cups and returned with a cloth to clean the table. The cups and teapot were put back, but we had to wait another 10 minutes before our cream tea arrived. It looked nice and the serving of jam and clotted cream was generous, but the scones, whilst warm, were dry. It was as if they had been sitting in a low temperature oven for a long time.

What a disappointment! It would have been nice if the tables were laid with cloths. The staff need to be trained on how to deliver good customer service and there should have been front of house to greet and then thank us for our visit. I have no inclination to return.

2  Thank Suzie167

Thank you for your feedback and I can assure we take all our reviews very seriously and in response will speak to those staff involved and ensure changes and training are put in place as a result.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

Beautifully presented hotel and completely lives up to the AA 4 stars. We stayed in an excellent double (Rm9) for two nights celebrating my partners birthday. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff team, all being very welcoming and polite. A extra special touch was a hand written card and box of delicious chocolates to wish him happy birthday, left in bedroom for him after a day out.
I think this review is really deserved but so tempted not to, if you all find this gem we may not be able to get a reservation next time !!!!!!!!!

2  Thank janlovett

The Swan Hotel is indeed a great place to celebrate any occasion and it was our pleasure to make you feel special. We look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

I have dined at the Swan Hotel on several occasions after discovering the place for the first time in November 2015. Each time attending, me and my wife/family have received nothing short of amazing food and outstanding service. The location of the hotel itself is beautiful - this is also mirrored by the decor and feel of the hotel which is very atmospheric and relaxing. Me and my wife enjoyed each visit here so much that it became our wedding venue in October 2016 (which was incredible). Again I cannot stress how much we enjoyed our day (and each visit) due to the amazing customer service received and the high quality food available. An exceptional restaurant and hotel- and personally one of my favourite places on this earth. Well done to the Swan and all it's staff.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Prof-nacho23

Thank you for this review. We are always delighted when our guests keep coming back especially with loved ones and family. How wonderful that you felt relaxed and looked after and that your good experiences actually led to you getting married here! We look forward to welcoming you back to Bibury very soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Lots of Cotswold charm in here. A buzzing bar area in the early afternoon. Modern style and comfortable. Lots of great looking food being eaten at tables around us. We only sampled coffee and biscuits but would happily eat here. The gardens outside would be lovely in summer. We contented ourselves getting out of the cold and damp by sitting beside the open fire in the bar. Very relaxing.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank sheila r
Cotswoldinns, General Manager at The Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

We are delighted you enjoyed the hospitality of our bar and we look forward to your return in the Spring to enjoy our gardens and local, seasonal menu.

Kind regards,