All reviews mini bar deluxe room complimentary soft drinks le talbooth duck tacos shower over the bath bottle of prosecco sister hotel lounge area lovely hotel lovely surroundings full english breakfast good size course meal the room was nice no air con kesgrave hall
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Booked myself a Father's day treat and stayed a night at this hotel.

Priority for me is a hotel must be dog friendly. I find this often means that the quality of the bedroom interiors can be rather basic which is fair enough. But with Milsoms that is not the case. The room was amazing, huge, lots of lovely furnishings, and even had a sofa to relax on. Huge bath too.

The hotel has a nice large interior restaurant which was busy and looked good but we chose to sit outside in the large covered and heated patio area. Again this was busy but still spare tables.

We stayed at the hotel following a local sporting event. Would have been nice to have dined properly in the restaurant but I was just too shattered. Problem solved... bottle of wine and sharing platter back to the room. Not had a platter quite like it before. There was plenty of everything and it was all fantastic.

For me the greatest asset to this hotel is the staff and there are lots of them and they seem to appear by magic. I'd walk to the bar and the bar person would be pouring another guest a drink, and hey presto another bar person would appear from nowhere and to top it off they all appeared to enjoy their work, wanted to help and were very friendly.

Will have been served by at least eight different staff and every one of them genuinely seemed to want to make our stay a great one.

The reception staff... the cleaners... even the gardener were all the most polite and welcoming that I have ever experienced.

I have no reason to be back in Dedham until next year's event but we are already trying to work out which weekend we can return to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent as always .
Food was superb . Service wonderful .
There are enough staff to ensure you do not have to wait .
One slight problem was that the noise level was high , due to large groups who were raising voices without consideration for other diners but we were able to move to the lounge area for coffees which was fine .
A good menu , excellent food and charming staff . Well done and thank you .

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here in May 2018 very nice food but I stayed in one of the down stair rooms no air con and my windows faced the back of the hotel where the staff hung out for a smoke.I did mention this to reception but no one ever asked if I would like to move rooms.
Shame really as I will be staying in the area in July but will find some where else to stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Stayed here for a night and was a lovely experience. The food was amazing, along with the service. Room was amazing and bed was huge. The walk to Dedham town is nice but can be very muddy and is through a field with cows. Couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2018

I booked Milsom's for my girlfirends birthday and it certainly didn't disappoint. It was recommended to me by my parents who have stayed here a few times. We opted for the £230room which included Dinner, brekfast, afternoon tea and a bottle of prosecco. The dinner was one of the best i have ever had and the menu had no limitations. The place overall had a brilliant feel and we felt like we could totally relax. We also had a walk down to the Dedham highstreet finding a few nice little pubs alongside a boat house where we hired out a boat to row along the River Stour. Overall Milsom's delievered perfectly and would visit again without hestitation.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple