“Chocoholic Experience!”

Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 7
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Good for: View
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Hot chocolate bar next to The Landgate, Rye. OPENING HOURS: Please call, visit our website or follow us on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

An amazing selection of over 70 hot chocolate combinations, all of which sound extremely tempting and are accompanied by a large cube of delicious home-made marshmallow.
However, the “icing on the cake” is the “floor show”, ie the enthusiasm of the member of staff who will willingly talk customers through the entire range on offer. Not only that, but he was incredibly patient on the day that 4 of us went: we were SO indecisive!
We visited straight after having had a Full English at our hotel, so 2 of us planned sharing .... until we saw the menu. Fantastic!!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Came in on Easter Saturday. Thought we’d give it a try as we’re Hot Chocolate lovers. Staff are Brilliant and the Hot Chocolate was Absolutely Amazing plus I’ve never had such a big marshmallow. Definitely Best hot chocolate I’ve had.

1  Thank Matt P
Reviewed 25 March 2018

My children had visited in the past and said I HAD to visit this hot chocolateschop. I was not disappointed! It was a very short walk from our hotel. We were given a very friendly welcome and talked through the choices. I wish I could have had them all but decided to try 70% chocolate and amaretto. Delicious! Husband had a latte! We will definitely visit again and apparently milk shakes are on the menu in the summer. Can't wait to visit again!

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

I’m not sure what more I can add to the 100+ reviews already on TripAdvisor. Been multiple times, will be going again soon, the hot chocolate is out-of-this-world (coming from someone who’s hot drink of choice is hot chocolate every time). The only bad part is the opening hours, I can understand why, I wish my business was enough to keep it open more. Don’t let that put you off, you must visit if in Rye!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at a hotel across the road and popped in before we headed home. I’d seen the sign ‘purveyors of the finest hot chocolate’ outside and wanted to see if this was the case.

It was.

I had the 65% dark with whipped cream and marshmallow my partner the 31% white choc with whipped cream and handmade marshmallow also.

Neither of us has ever enjoyed a hot chocolate quite so much. They were really delicious.

The cafe itself is very small and unassuming, a few bar stools and a long bench being the only seating available.

You don’t get the impression you are going to be absolutely wowed. But it was an absolute gem of a place and the highlight of the trip for me.

We purchased two of the marshmallows to bring home as a treat for the kids and they were amazed how different (and much tastier) than generic marshmallows are.

Will come back with the children before long no doubt!