“Please dont stay at this dump!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hastings
Coghurst Hall Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Please don't waste your money on this place - we booked into stay for seven days and upon arriving the place looked run down and dirty - they say you should always go on first impressions I wish I had turned round and left... my partner went into reception and was told the caravan wasn't ready yet but to come back in half an hour which we did - I was given the key and the map to where the caravan was which it turned out had no parking nearby and was behind a six foot fence - we have a dog - so it always seems to me people with a dog get put in the worst places - when we got to the caravan the windows were wide open and I wondered why - it didn't take long to find out - on opening the door the stench of chip fat/grease and curry hit you - the place was dirty - hadn't been hovered - there was no smell of cleaning that had supposedly been done - my partner was beginning to feel physically sick because of the stench - and said he didn't want to stay in it for a week - we went back to the reception and was told by the Park Manager that she thought it might be dirty but that the cleaners hadn't said anything about it - my partner asked to be moved to alternative accommodation but was told they were fully booked - she phoned around and there was nothing available at any other of their parks - my partner asked her for a refund but was told they couldn't do that there and that she would sort it once we got home and to send her an email detailing our problems - at no point did she offer to have the accommodation recleaned or come to see what the problem was - we put our cases back in the car and left - and then tried to find somewhere else to stay without any success - it meant I had to drive seven hours in one day with my partner who was recovering from a heart attack and my dog - all very stressful - once we got home I sent her an email detailing all the problems we had experienced to be told in no uncertain terms I couldn't have my money back as she had spoken to the cleaning team and head of housekeeping and was satisfied that they had done their job - the customer care team at head office didn't want to know and fob me off - the complaints department don't have a direct dial number and everything has to be done by post - it beggars belief that hard working people can get ripped off - no recourse no nothing - please don't spend your hard earned cash on this place - the woman who runs it has no idea about customer service and the cleaning is non existent - don't be taken in by the beautiful pictures of the caravans around the lake - they are owned or premium prices - I'm so upset over the way I have been treated and will do everything in my power to get my hard earned money back - take notice of the amount of reviews that say this place is terrible - it is.....

Room Tip: don't go here
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jacquipepsi
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Coghurst Hall Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

"Please dont stay at this dump!!!!"
Hello jacquipepsi
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us, I am very sorry that your first impressions of our Park were not good. I can assure you that is not normal practice on our Park.
As we are a country park, we do not have parking next to the vans as we like to keep as much green areas as possible. I understand that you have contacted Customer Services. Again I would like to apologise for your bad experience
Kind regards

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Stayed at Coghurst for the last week of the summer holidays and to be honest more than a little bit disappointed. We stayed in a platinum van because we thought the extra cost would reflect in the standard and location of the van,not so! We had a few problems with the van (no remote for tv, leak on sink in toilet rendering it unusable because of puddle on floor, Kitchen tap was really loose and we were worried we would damage the plumbing turning it on and off, damp patches on carpet in hallway to bedrooms that did not dry up and appeared to be coming from the shower not correctly sealed, also leak on boiler that luckily someone had put a bucket under that was half full) gave reception the required form to report the problems but no one got back to us or went in the van to sort out any of said problems. Consequently not a well maintained van! Liked the site overall and the location for Hastings and Rye but the caravan did leave a nasty taste in the mouth and a nasty damp smell in the nose

Hello otterks
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so sorry that you didn’t have such a great time with us.
I have spoken with the Teams to try and find out why no one attended your van as this is not our usual practice, the Team are very good at attending all reported issues.
I am pleased though that you liked the site and surrounding areas.
We would very much like to welcome you back to the park in the future and if you should chose to please do call us direct to book and we can oversee your booking to ensure that all goes smoothly.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Wow! How fantastic are Emily and Micheal!! Our little girl (6) absolutely had the time of her life! They were both such fun and knew all the children's names within minutes and remembered for the remainder of the holiday. Highlight was karaoke and the jungle book dance .... not forgetting winning certificates .... even 'daddy' won and had fun! Thank you guys!! Hope to see you again.

Hi Dawnrval
Thank you for your lovely review of your stay with us at Coghurst Hall. It was great to see that your daughter had the time of her life whilst here, Emily and Michael are amazing at what they do, I don’t know how they remember names, it amazes me lol. Well done “Daddy” on winning a prize to.
We hope that you do come back to us in the future, so please do give us a call and we can look to book future holidays with you.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Another lovely stay at coghurst although it was bank holiday the park never felt over packed in the swimming pool or the club this makes it easier to relax with a 4 year old wanting to be on the dance floor and arcades. There was also 2 days of entertainment going on with owls visiting on the saturday and fun day on the sunday atmosphere was lovely and both bands really enjoyable staff worked hard in the bar and food areas and were still smiling thank you for a lovely weekend and extra thanks to fleur and kristie in reception and emily and micheal on ents they are really friendly and lovely with the children harley is a big fan of them

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Coghurst Hall Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Hello Lisa W Thank you for your lovely review, I am so pleased to see that you had another lovely stay with us during the Bank Holiday weekend.
You certainly picked a good weekend to be here with us with the extra entertainment that we had. I have passed your lovely comments onto Kirstie, Fleur, Michael and Emily, who were very happy that they had helped to make your holiday more enjoyable.
We hope to see you again in the future.
Kristin Murray

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We visited this year and we were overall happy with our stay. The holiday park is quite small compare to other sites I've stayed in before. The clubhouse food was average and nothing special but wasn't terrible. Parking is an issue if your caravan is far away from the car park, as you need to carry all your belongings to your caravan which can be a bit of a nightmare. The clubhouse is extremely small compare to other sites and I would prefer a larger club house but in a way seemed quite cosy. All the staff and entertainment team were polite and helpful. The caravan was nice and clean however, it was supposed to hold eight people but the living room was definitely not big enough for eight especially eight adults or teens. The swimming pool wasn't nothing special and the changing rooms were horrible. There were no individual changing rooms only one small room for everyone to share. I wish there were more adult entertainment as it seemed like it was all evolved around younger children. Overall the caravan site was okay but I have been to better.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Hi Elle L thank you for your review.
I am pleased to see that overall you had a happy stay with us.
I am sorry that you only found the food to be average; I have passed this comment onto the complex manager for his information.
I apologise that you felt your parking was a distance from you accommodation, as I hope you can appreciate we are a Country Park and like to keep as many green areas as we can. As we are smaller park, our venue is smaller than one of our bigger parks, but our Entertainment Team still work just as hard.
I have passed your comments onto the Complex Manager with regards to the changing rooms as all feedback is good for us as this enables us to make improvements in the future.
I am sorry that you didn’t find your accommodation didn’t meet with your expectations and you found it a little cramped.
I wish you future happy holidays.
With kind regards
Kristie Murray

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
4.6 km away
5.8 km away
Crowhurst Park
Crowhurst Park
#2 of 7 in Battle

Been to Coghurst Hall Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK