All reviewsfishing lakegold plusplatinum caravanentertainment staffsmall shopshort breaklovely breakgreat weekendfamily holidaycamber sandskerryarcadeprizefriwoodlandbattle
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Stayed at Coghurst for the last week of the summer holidays and to be honest more than a little bit disappointed. We stayed in a platinum van because we thought the extra cost would reflect in the standard and location of the van,not so! We had a few problems with the van (no remote for tv, leak on sink in toilet rendering it unusable because of puddle on floor, Kitchen tap was really loose and we were worried we would damage the plumbing turning it on and off, damp patches on carpet in hallway to bedrooms that did not dry up and appeared to be coming from the shower not correctly sealed, also leak on boiler that luckily someone had put a bucket under that was half full) gave reception the required form to report the problems but no one got back to us or went in the van to sort out any of said problems. Consequently not a well maintained van! Liked the site overall and the location for Hastings and Rye but the caravan did leave a nasty taste in the mouth and a nasty damp smell in the nose

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Coghurst Hall Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Hello otterks
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so sorry that you didn’t have such a great time with us.
I have spoken with the Teams to try and find out why no one attended your van as this is not our usual practice, the Team are very good at attending all reported issues.
I am pleased though that you liked the site and surrounding areas.
We would very much like to welcome you back to the park in the future and if you should chose to please do call us direct to book and we can oversee your booking to ensure that all goes smoothly.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Wow! How fantastic are Emily and Micheal!! Our little girl (6) absolutely had the time of her life! They were both such fun and knew all the children's names within minutes and remembered for the remainder of the holiday. Highlight was karaoke and the jungle book dance .... not forgetting winning certificates .... even 'daddy' won and had fun! Thank you guys!! Hope to see you again.

Hi Dawnrval
Thank you for your lovely review of your stay with us at Coghurst Hall. It was great to see that your daughter had the time of her life whilst here, Emily and Michael are amazing at what they do, I don’t know how they remember names, it amazes me lol. Well done “Daddy” on winning a prize to.
We hope that you do come back to us in the future, so please do give us a call and we can look to book future holidays with you.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Another lovely stay at coghurst although it was bank holiday the park never felt over packed in the swimming pool or the club this makes it easier to relax with a 4 year old wanting to be on the dance floor and arcades. There was also 2 days of entertainment going on with owls visiting on the saturday and fun day on the sunday atmosphere was lovely and both bands really enjoyable staff worked hard in the bar and food areas and were still smiling thank you for a lovely weekend and extra thanks to fleur and kristie in reception and emily and micheal on ents they are really friendly and lovely with the children harley is a big fan of them

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Coghurst Hall Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Hello Lisa W Thank you for your lovely review, I am so pleased to see that you had another lovely stay with us during the Bank Holiday weekend.
You certainly picked a good weekend to be here with us with the extra entertainment that we had. I have passed your lovely comments onto Kirstie, Fleur, Michael and Emily, who were very happy that they had helped to make your holiday more enjoyable.
We hope to see you again in the future.
Kristin Murray

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We visited this year and we were overall happy with our stay. The holiday park is quite small compare to other sites I've stayed in before. The clubhouse food was average and nothing special but wasn't terrible. Parking is an issue if your caravan is far away from the car park, as you need to carry all your belongings to your caravan which can be a bit of a nightmare. The clubhouse is extremely small compare to other sites and I would prefer a larger club house but in a way seemed quite cosy. All the staff and entertainment team were polite and helpful. The caravan was nice and clean however, it was supposed to hold eight people but the living room was definitely not big enough for eight especially eight adults or teens. The swimming pool wasn't nothing special and the changing rooms were horrible. There were no individual changing rooms only one small room for everyone to share. I wish there were more adult entertainment as it seemed like it was all evolved around younger children. Overall the caravan site was okay but I have been to better.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Hi Elle L thank you for your review.
I am pleased to see that overall you had a happy stay with us.
I am sorry that you only found the food to be average; I have passed this comment onto the complex manager for his information.
I apologise that you felt your parking was a distance from you accommodation, as I hope you can appreciate we are a Country Park and like to keep as many green areas as we can. As we are smaller park, our venue is smaller than one of our bigger parks, but our Entertainment Team still work just as hard.
I have passed your comments onto the Complex Manager with regards to the changing rooms as all feedback is good for us as this enables us to make improvements in the future.
I am sorry that you didn’t find your accommodation didn’t meet with your expectations and you found it a little cramped.
I wish you future happy holidays.
With kind regards

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

After recently visiting Coghurst Hall I find the mass of negative reviews quite baffling.
This holiday was booked by my mother in law for our whole family so is not the usual holiday that I would choose and after reading the reviews was a little worried, however the kids were exited to go on holiday with nanny and their cousins and we were already booked so what the hey.
Upon arriving my partner her mum and her sisters all did their routine patrol of their temporary residence, and due to the reviews, my partner checked curtains and beds for mould however the caravans were perfectly clean and satisfactory.
A lot of the negative reviews I read said that the site was located in the middle of nowhere, to these kind of people may I politely suggest looking on a map before you are booking. Yes if you are not driving then you are in the middle of a couple of miles of lanes so will need to arrange transport however if you are driving the site is within easy reach of Hastings seafront and lots of yummy restaurants.
The club house was perfectly fine although we weren't there on a weekend so can see it getting a little packed at busier times, we also ate there once... It was fine but nothing special and a little overpriced for what it was,we mostly ate out and had many lovely meals in several restaurants and cafes.
The staff as a whole were very friendly and the entertainment staff were very attentive to the children.
Overall the site was absolutely fine and I would not hesitate in coming back again. Added to the fact that Hastings is beautiful and has lots to do we even decided that we had to stay in the area for another day.

1  Thank jjmc2018

Thank you for your lovely review of your stay at Coghurst Hall Holiday Park.
I am really pleased to read that you decided to make your own mind up about us.
I can fully understand your checking the caravan out thoroughly and found it to be the usual high standards we maintain here. I am glad that our location didn’t put you off, I feel that we are very lucky to be situated in such a lovely location, and although we are not on a direct bus route, we have a taxi company that we use who are very reliable and reasonably priced.
I am happy to see that you found all the Teams friendly and Emily and Michael are really good with entertaining the children.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the park in the future.