“Flawless... best meal I've had for some time!”
Review of Bincho Yakitori

Bincho Yakitori
Ranked #23 of 1,321 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 63
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Simple but beautifully prepared and authentic Japanese food made with quality ingredients. The dark and intimate interior is pertect for me.... Brings back memories of many of my favourite eateries in Asia. Shame I don't live closer.. or I'd be here a lot!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Be prepared to part with significant cash if you want to get the full experience. But it's really worth it. Try the specialist beer, any of the fish, the pork belly and the superb pickles. Two of us went through ten different small dishes and each was excellent.
Our visit was a Wednesday night, all the tables were practically full by 8pm.
My dining partner is a regular visitor to Tokyo and confirmed this is as near to authentic as you can get outside of Japan.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 30 August 2018

They were fully booked when I arrived but a couple near to me heard my dismay and said they would be leaving soon, Bincho happily slotted me in. And boy am I grateful. My partner and I shared various small plates - Kimchi, belly pork skewers, fried chicken (all under £5) and a couple larger plates - Lamb, Sea bream (£7) with a couple of accompanying dishes - kimchi rice etc. All of which were stunning, and surprisingly sized. The accompanying sauces, pickles and garnishes were so perfectly paired that we just pulled faces and made noises instead of talking. The care and attention paid to each and every dish is second to none. You will order more and more as the night goes on, this place is right up there in my favourite restaurants. Highly, highly recommended.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

The food is delicious, exotic and good value.

While it has a relaxed, casual atmosphere, there is a sense of excitement and occasion going there, with a definite cyberpunk/blade runner vibe going on!

If not a hot date, you could go with an old friend and just have a few beers and the fried chicken. Not really the place for a big group, due to intimate size and loud-ish music (only thing not really to my taste). Not ideal for kids either.

1  Thank ital_v_ital
Reviewed 28 August 2018

The food at Bincho is superb... we got to sit at the counter and watch the chefs work their magic. Special mentions for the kara age, kimchi rice, miso aubgerine and pickles. Could sit there all evening drinking plum wine and sampling everything on the menu. Only slight issue was it was difficult to get the waiters attention for water/extra orders/second drinks.. but the chefs were very adept at noticing if we were wanting for something! Also love how busy it is on a weekday evening (we ate on a tuesday) as we prefer not to dine on the weekends so nice that we didn't have to give up on the buzzy atmosphere. We will be back soon!