“Nice pub, great food, my choice wasnt the best though...”

Big Eats Co. Brighton
Ranked #563 of 1,237 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 13
Cuisines: Barbecue, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: We have always been passionate about good food and this has inspired us to start the "Big Eats Co." Serving up a big menu of pork, chicken, beef, lamb and veg - our food is locally sourced from butchers, farms and traders in and around Sussex. We smoke, roast, grill, soak, marinade and infuse our dishes to perfection - come and join us for some big, home cooked eats. Bookings and take aways 07899 172472
Reviewed 17 December 2015

Visited here today after meaning to for ages, the smoked barbecue offerings seemed to good to resist. The location is a little out of the way, but not a problem. Inside is nice, a little small, but well decorated and has that modern pub feel. Staff were very friendly. The menu was quite large compared to some of the barbecue places locally. I opted for the bacon cheeseburger with Peanut butter, the wife the chicken breast burger. The food was very nicely prepared, and the portions large. I kinda wished now id gone for something else, as the burger seemed to be grilled and not smoked like the rest of the menu, but it was very nice none the less, likewise with the chicken burger. We will be back for the chilli next time

Reviewed 28 November 2015

We were there a few days ago and really enjoyed the experience! The place was packed and they had reservations coming in, so we ended up eating at the side counter, which was perfectly fine. They had a deal in which you could have 2 mains for the price of 1, from a specific selection of dishes. We were happy to see there were 2 vegetarian options in there and we went for them: a burger (carrot and coriander) and a Chimichanga. They were both delicious! They came with fries which were very good as well. Sometimes on this deals we end up being short changed on quantity, but this was not the case, the serving was just right!

In conclusion, we had a good time and will certainly visit again!

Reviewed 11 September 2015

We visited on a Friday lunchtime after hearing really good things about this place. We arrived just before 1pm and were the only people in the pub. We thought that was bit odd considering the good reviews.

The menu is really big, covering BBQ food, loads of wings and sides, burgers, buttermilk chicken and salads. Almost too big. We opted for corndogs and loads of sides as a snack but sadly corndogs were not available so I had a buttermilk chicken burger with chorizo and halloumi and my partner had one of their hotdogs which has a sausage specially made for the pub. We got chicken wings to share.

The food arrived and looked amazing. Huge portions and really good value. My burger was delicious! The combo worked well and the homemade dips were fantastic. The only let down was the bun and fries - both felt really cheap and spongy. Not what you expect from decent burgers these days.

My partners hotdog was also delicious. He opted for sweet potato fries which were exceptional. Some of the best i've ever tasted.

So, good for a fill but there are better burger places in Brighton.

1  Thank eddoh
Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

I am totally gutted, after reading about the amazing ribs that fall off the bone, I ordered some, together with the buttermilk chicken. Well, these ribs would never fall off the bone, they were solid and dry and combined with the oily, under cooked, rubbery chicken, I ended up with one of the worst meals I've ever had in Brighton. It's not as if the delivery time could have been a factor, as it was delivered in under 30mins from placing the order. The only problem with the delivery was the mystery pot in the delivery bag, I think it might have had beans it, but this had all spilled out somewhere (there was a hole in the bag), so I never got to try whatever it was - either way, the whole order was thrown in the bin.

Reviewed 11 July 2015 via mobile

Having read the reviews. I suggested this place for a stag weekend meal - the Stag's request being anywhere with lots of meat.

We turned up early to have a few pre-dinner drinks. Being a hot day, the little "beer garden"/courtyard was packed, but inside was fairly empty. This is not a place fot CAMRA members searching for craft ales, but for a regular pint it's just fine.

As we were a large group, we had pre-ordered our food. The menu offers a good selection of bbq'd meats and various different burgers. I went for the ribs and wings. The ribs were very good - not overly sweet and with a little kick of mustard. The meat was fall off the bone tender - I actually prefer a little more bite to the meat, but I did enjoy them. The buttermilk wings were delicious - think KFC, but so much better. The pickled slaw was an interesting addition, and prefer that style of coleslaw over the usual mayonnaise drowned stuff you normally get. Sweet potato fries and meaty bbq beans rounded off a giant meal. I wasn't stuffed, but definitely satisfied.

Service was very good considering the size of our group - a few people (including me) had to wait a few extra minutes until our food came, but not too long. My meal didn't come with bbq beans but they threw them in for free. A couple of us wanted a spicy sauce and they brought a selection - and the (chef or owner) even brought his special "off menu" extra hot chilli sauce.

So if you are in Brighton and craving some American BBQ food, head to The Big Eats Co and chow down on some meaty, smokey goodness

1  Thank foodiemaboo