“Best food in Brighton ”

Thewitchez Photo Design Cafe Bar
Ranked #2 of 1,308 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: German, Pizza, Polish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the first Photo Design Cafe Bar in the UK. We are a little independent business that merges creative design ideas with creative dining. Our dining menu, coffee and cakes are available from Mon - Sat, closed on Sun. Due to occasional private hire of our little venue, the opening hours may vary, so it is best to give us a call, drop us an email or check our website to see the current opening times. Our fully licensed restaurant will take you on a journey of different flavours from different countries. We are not on a fine-dining scene, but all our food is home-made and beautifully presented so our dishes will not only please your eye but also please your appetite. We are a dog friendly place so all well behaved dogs are welcome. In order to allow our adult guests an evening of relaxation we have chosen for Thewitchez Restaurant to be an adult-only venue after 4pm. Children 6+ are welcome until 4pm. Hope to see you soon and call us to reserve table.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have been to the witchez several times and it has never disappointed. The food here really does need to be sampled. It’s small though so booking is essential. Normally small and intimate is lovely but on this occasion our (very rare) evening out was spoilt by another table who simply didn’t seems to recognise that this degree of proximity to others may require a little sound check. As a result I am now fully conversant with the fact that one guy in particular spent time on a train with Adrian Chiles, what he drinks, the necessity (or otherwise) or a driving licence in big cities (apparently it shows a small mentality and that you never plan to leave) the fact that a friend / colleague (not sure which but he called him Richard) has a drinking problem that everyone knows about apart from him, where he is going to a wedding this coming year (Woburn) and that he uses the metaphor of reading a cricket article when he wants a poo (I kid you not). This last point was in the midst of a very loud conversation with his friends about poo in general, more specifically the use of toilet brushes after the event. I know he uses tripadvisor too (he mentioned that to one of the Witchez - maybe he thought she cared or maybe that she would give him extra raspberry ice cream with his plum pudding (yes we heard all about that too)) so IF you read this thanks for spoiling our night. You know who you are, Richards mate, you know, Richard? With the drinking problem he doesn’t know he has? That’s him!! It was literally impossible to have a conversation so we just sat and stared at each other for the duration.

But like I said. Lovely food! I had the little hooves not once but twice, main and pudding. Highly recommended.

3  Thank Samantha C

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked TheWitchez after reading the fantastic reviews and we weren’t disappointed. The staff were genuinely friendly, the atmosphere was relaxed (it’s the opposite of stuffy basically which is a good thing) and the interior is quirky and cosy (feels like a professors office from Harry Potter!). As for the food my wife and I shared the smoked cheese for starter which was perfect. I then had the polish sausage (huge and delicious) and my wife had the little hooves with beef stew which she loved. We then shared the brownie with Amoretto (accompanied by a hazelnut liqueur!). As for Mr Shadow, what a cutey!! Overall, if we visit Brighton again then it would be top of our list. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Chris R
Reviewed 9 September 2018

Recommended this place by a family friend and we were not let down. Went last night for a family meal, tiny restaurant but cosy and different inside.
Our waitresses knew the menu's inside out and talked us through everything. The menu is Eastern European which is a first for me. The food was outstanding, we tried to order something different each so we could try as much as possible. The Hooves were just stunning! There were many combinations of food I would never have thought went together but they complimented each other perfectly, the presentation was also amazing.
We didn't have room for pudding much to our disappointment but were recommended a Hazelnut Vodka to sip as an alternative, I had to go online and buy myself a bottle straight away as it was that good.
We will definitely be back, thanks for having us.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

Oh my God, this place was absolutely amazing from the welcome, to the quirkiness of the place right down to the seriously delicious food and mouth watering hazelnut and walnut vodka! The veggie food of little hooves had my mouth drooling and my fella's lamb steak was massive and so tasty! You do need to book as it gets quite busy (& thankfully there is no time limit on the table like some other restaurants in Brighton!)...I've been looking for a favourite place to eat ever since Blenio Bistro closed down many moons ago and thankfully I have eventually found it! I really cannot wait to go back! Thanks guys!

2  Thank KatSligo_Ireland
Reviewed 6 September 2018

We've been visiting Brighton for many years and we're delighted to have found this perfect gem of a restaurant on Tripadvisor. It's location and outward appearance belie the cornucopia of delightful food that is on the menu. We received a warm friendly welcome and the owner explained the menu to us in detail. Everything that the 3 of us ate was absolutely delicious. The food is very well prepared, excellently presented and tastes wonderful. Great for vegetarians and meat lovers alike, there's something for everyone. We loved the quirky nature of the interior, and the cosy friendly atmosphere. The service was great. We liked everything about this restaurant. It's the best food that we've eaten in Brighton and have no hesitation in highly recommending it.