“Cheap and Decent!”

Ranked #35 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Essex
“Cheap and Decent!”
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Me and my friend came to Brighton for a clubbing holiday and this place was great. Very cheap, with decent beds, a nice breakfast (full english or continental) and a fantastic power shower. Oh and free parking, a major plus. Which was brilliant, we left our car there as the town centre and the beach was all within walking distance.
We did however have an alleyway view and a broken wardrobe but we didn't really care for these. If I came for a family holiday however, my parents probably wouldn't have been too pleased! But if you're literally looking for a roof over your head and a budget stay that is COMFORTABLE then I would highly recommend Brighton Beach.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sayzillah
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Aldershot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I stayed from 1 October and checked out on 4 October and attended a conference at the Brighton Centre on the Monday and Tuesday. I wasn't bothered about the £160 fine if you left without returning the key as I suspect the hotel has had past problems and no doubt caused alot of inconveinance and money so I think the fine gives the incentive to return the keys. My room was a single and it was very comforable. There was some noise but that wasn't the hote's faultl. I don't like showers but I was able to move the shower head around myself so avoding my hair which I had down at my home town hair dresser. The brekfast was self service and hot and I found the staff helpful. I would stay about and for £40 a night I thought it good value.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Tina P
leicester
Reviewed 16 August 2011

myself and my partner was woken at round 3am to 16 stag night thugs on a rampage in the hotel after getting no reply from reception for management we opened the door to be instantly beaten by the group with bottles the police arrested and evicted them The management did not show any concern and did not visit us in our blood soaked room ,on leaving we spoke to the management who said the group was a problem from when they first checked in and was threatened by the group ! we then asked for a refund to be told they do not accept responsibility we was left badly beaten because they let 16 drunk thugs into 2 rooms

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank graham m

Travellers are raving about these Brighton hotels

Braintree, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Having read the reviews on here after my partner had booked I was dreading what we would find. On arrival, I was already a bit too defensive when I read the hotel 'rules' which included a £160 fine ifyou left without returning your room key! I let it slide and we went up to our room, expecting to find...well, god-knows-what!

The room we were given was HUGE and had ceilings at least 15 feet high with windows that stretched almost to the ceiling - not a bad start. The room itself was clean enough if a bit dated and the en-suite was clean and (relatively) new. Having said that, there was a crack in the basin and the toilet seat was a bit loose but hey, you get what you pay for, right? Our view was spectacular with a clear view of the East and West piers and Regency Square.

The bed, although a little hard had no stains (yes, I did check under the sheets!) and again was quite new-ish. The TV only received 4 channels but as I've said before, I don't go away to watch TV.

Breakfast was more than adequate and I can honestly say that I have been offered much worse in other hotels. The English breakfast was hot and there was plenty of it, not much of a continental option, though.

What this hotel needs above all else is a bit of love. The walls were tired and in need of paint, the windows were a bit dirtier than I would have liked (on the outside) but that close to the sea how clean can you keep them? Some of the carpets were threadbare and almost all of the florboards creaked!

Maybe it's because we were expecting the worst but this place isn't as bad as a lot of reviewers have made it sound. If you're on a budget but still want a sea view and to be in easy walking distance to the beach and the shops then you could do worse. I did mention to the man at the desk that the hotel had a less than sparkling rating on Trip Advisor so I hope that it makes a difference.

All in all, I really enjoyed our stay here, it's not a five star so don't expect five star and you won't be (too) disappointed.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Soulman007
Bristol
Reviewed 5 March 2011

Hotel is ideally situated right next to the beach and within a 5 min walk to most attractions. This does make parking difficult/expensive however. The room itself was fantastic - huge room with tall ceilings and a great view. A little noisy from the room upstairs but overall sleeping was fine. Breakfast was good, but not fantastic as long as you can beat the stag party to the bacon!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple