“The little b&b with a big heart!”
Review of The White House

and 1 more site!
The White House
Ranked #17 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
“The little b&b with a big heart!”
Reviewed 23 August 2012 via mobile

The White House is small but perfectly formed and delivers just what you want on a short break. I booked a luxury double which was spotlessly clean and had a sea view as promised. The b&b has rooms for all tastes and budgets.
I took advantage of a three days for the price if two mid week offer.

The breakfast room is in the basement but light and airy - again spotlessly clean. The breakfasts are home cooked and were excellent - cooked by Sean and delicious but enough to satisfy even the biggest appetite!

Previous visitors had commented on the water pressure on the 4th floor and I agree it was 'lacklustre', so if a power shower is important to you then book a room lower down the building. However, I felt that was more than offset by having the bigger room and the sea view!

I loved my stay at the White House- the location was central but peaceful and just a 100m from the sea front.

Would I book again? Yes, without hesitation!

Thanks to Sean and team for the great stay and excellent customer service!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Xnhx
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
London
Reviewed 17 August 2012

My boyfriend and I spent a sunny weekend at the White House. Accommodation in Brighton is fairly expensive, so one of the reasons I went for the White House was because the price included a full Breakfast, which is unusual these days. And breakfast was fantastic on both days: On Day 1 had fishy breakfast one - creamy scrambled eggs and smoked salmon - and my boyfriend had fishy breakfast two - smoked kippers and poached egg; and on Day 2 we both had the full English.

We were in Room 4, which is a small double at the front of the house. Yes it was small, but stylish and had everything you needed - complimentary bottled water and whole Cadbury's flakes to go with your tea! The shower was good, with nice White Company products - though no shampoo and conditioner, so don't forget to pack your own!

It's a bit of a walk to the Pier or the Laines, but it's a nice one along the seafront. We preferred being that end of the beach though because as we'd picked one of the few sunny weekends this summer it was far more civilised than the mob further down!

All in all a good stay, and I've already recommended it to friends!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Londongirl79
Newtownabbey
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Just back from our annual break in Brighton and yet again The White House did not disappoint. From Sean's excellent breakfasts to the care and attention shown by the lovely Charlie, it's just the best place to stay in Brighton for us. Quiet yet within easy walking distance of most attractions, you couldn't ask for more. We stayed in our favourite room No. 1 on the ground floor, spending some time sipping cava on the small but cute balcony (off licence around the corner and Sean supplies the glasses). More like staying in a friend's house than a hotel. The main thing I noticed this time was the much improved free WiFi - We will be back!

Room Tip: Room 1 is worth the extra and is on the ground floor. Do ask Sean for recommendations re dining out...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2012 via mobile

I have just got back from a 6 night stay at the White House on my second visit within a year.
Sean was his usual friendly self and it just felt like being back home.
I stayed in the suite again so I was somewhat spoilt. If you can afford it and it isn't extortionately priced I would try it.
This time I did make breakfast so I will review that.
It is served in a light airy dining room although if you are disabled it can be delivered to your room.
There is a breakfast menu which suits all tastes and is cooked to order. I had the full English which was excellent. All of the produce is locally sourced and you can certainly tell the difference. I did have my eye on the vegetarian option of smoked salmon and scrambled eggs but the "proper" sausages kept calling me!
So to sum up I love this place all round.
Try it and you will see why.

• Stayed July 2012
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2012

From the moment that we booked our reservation we were well looked after. Upon arrival we received a lovely welcome from Georgie who also carried our heavy cases up the narrow staircase. The rooms, although small, were lovely and clean and very tastefully decorated. Little touches such as a galaxy bubbles chocolate bar sat ontop of the coffee cup made you feel like you were home from home.

Sean and his team were available to cook our breakfast an hour earlier every day because we had to be at our conference before 8.30 every morning. The breakfasts were delicious! The breakfast room is light and airy and very cheery with a small vase with a yellow daisy on each table. Little touches such as presenting your toast, jam and butter on a union jack tray, in a jubilee year, did not go unnoticed. One of the guests had a birthday and as a surprise their cooked breakfast was presented with a lit candle in the mushroom. I would recommend the vegetarian breakfast as the scrambled egg was to die for.

The hotel is situated in a quieter part of town which is a huge bonus as you are not disturbed everynight by the party goers who are part of Brighton's vibrant nightlife. My room had a lovely view of the sea; the hotel was only 30 seconds away the sea front. I didn't have far to go to start my early morning runs along the coastal road.

If I ever visit Brighton again I will definitely reserve a room at this delightful B&B/Hotel. Thank you so much to Sean and his team.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business