“Fantastic small hotel”

Ranked #17 of 97 Brighton B&B and Inns
York, United Kingdom
“Fantastic small hotel”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I stayed here for one night on business. Having normally stayed in the large hotels on the seafront, when in the area, I have felt that they lack good value so I plumped for this place after reading some reviews. It really is a lovely place to stay. It is nicely decorated throughout and the room was very clean and comfortable. Free wifi is also a plus! The breakfast was really nice and the hosts were really helpful and friendly. I would certainly stay here again and recommend it to anyone looking to stay in the area. One point to be aware of is that there is no parking on the street and you will be able to quickly drop or collect your bags but you wont be able to leave you car there. I parked my car just a minute's walk away on the seafront and didnt find this to be a problem at all so dont let it put you off. Last time I stayed in one of their large hotels they charged me £15 for the privilege of overnight parking in their tiny cramped car park and having to walk to the White House wasnt a problem for me.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Caroline L
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Ryde, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2012

The White House is Amazing, I had brilliant communication prior to our arrival. Greeted on arrival by Sean, put us at ease rite from the start. We stayed in Room 3, excellent decor, super clean and really comfortable. The bed was amazing! Breakfast was fantastic and plenty of choice. Appreciated that breakfast wasn't really early as was in Brighton for a wedding and got to have a bit of a lie in without worrying. The staff were all so friendly and accommodating will defiantly be staying here again when visiting friends in Brighton. convenient for the beach and only 20 min walk from train station.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Emma R
Banbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2012

With a stags, last minute decision to come to Brighton and the prospect of "finding a space on his mates floor!" I decided to try and find a "cheap" nights B&B instead. The £35 - £45 pppn market doesnt really exist at weekends in Brighton so I called the White House to see if they would relax their 2 night minimum policy. Sean was happy to oblige and was a pleasure on the phone, and I booked the £60 single with sea view.
I decided to get the train down instead of driving as i am aware of the notorious parking, but did notice that there where some spaces on the nearby streets as i walked by. I had the absolute joy to be met by Charlie when I arrived who just left me with a smile on my face as to how pleasant she was.
The single room with a sea view (6) was small, but its a B&B, and as long as I can sleep and shower then I am happy and both of those things was well catered for. The bed was perfect in terms of comfort and the shower, although small, does exactly as described well. Beautiful clean decor and bed linen with fluffy towels, as well as decent selection of teas, and complimentary mineral water and Mars Bar just finish it all off. The only downside was the sharing a toilet on the landing but a minor point.
I noticed some reviews complaining about breakfast being a bit late, but actually,(the morning after stag night), the last call of 10.30 for breakfast was perfect I thought. (the only problem was so did everyone else so Sean had a bit of a handful with 7 tables all at once). However the food is worth the wait, although my only regret was not asking if I could have had scrambled eggs instead of fried with my "english" as they looked amazing.
I don't normally do reviews, but felt genuinely pleased to have chosen the White House and would certainly use them again in any future trips to Brighton.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Jersey
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed at the White House for 3 nights-What a great find! The White House is very well thought out, you can feel the love & thought that has been put in-A Home from Home. Lovely room (No.7) spotless & a very comfortable bed. In a quiet area away from the main drag & only five mins walk from the heart of the action. Communication with Sean before and during my stay was great, all the staff there are welcoming and friendly- and my goodness, he cooks a great breakfast! I would certainly go back in a heartbeat-I adored Brighton-A super friendly place, with something for everyone. Well Done The White House-You've got it spot on!

Room Tip: All rooms are individually decorated-Check the Website to choose your favorite
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Deeva69
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I was heading to Brighton for a 40th Birthday Party but forgot to book a room. This was very last minute and I sorted it on the day of arrival. Shaun (Sean), the host, was really friendly and helpful.

The White House is one of those new breed of 'up market' B&Bs; spotless, comfortable and well equipped. Seconds from the sea and only a short walk to the centre-I would highly recommend a stay here. Apart from anything, I was lucky enough to experience one of the best pubs in the UK, just round the corner. (a pint there was suggested by the host)

PS The breakfast was superb!

Room Tip: Call the owner direct.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo