“Bit Disappointed”

Sea Spray Boutique Hotel
Ranked #14 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed for 2 nights in The Oriental Room which was described as a 'compact double'. I was one my own which was just as well. The room was small with a double bed - little storage space and very short of 'room to walk 'space. I had booked the treats package which included breakfast in the room but there was nowhere to eat it other than in bed and it would have been impossible to sit upright in bed and uncomfortable to eat it. The wine and other treats in the package were fine but I strongly recommend that if you are above small in stature, have any sort of luggage - go for a bigger room. This is really a marginally bigger single room with a small double bed. The ensuite shower room was acceptable if a bit cramped but I have experienced worse. There is no view from this room which was explained when I asked when booking but the outlook is desperate.

The breakfast served in the dining room was excellent, freshly cooked, and well presented.

The staff are helpful and polite (even if it did take a couple of attempts to get a coffee for one order correct!

My stay was badly disrupted by dreadful weather which resulted in me having to spend more time the hotel than I had planned which didnt help. Obviously not the hotel's fault , but the reception being closed at 9pm is not helpful when you are soaked to the skin and trying to find somewhere to dry your clothes other than radiators. To be fair there is an emergency number (someone's mobile) but I am not sure they would have regarded a soaking wet guest as an emergency.

Location is very good with plenty of restaurants within a short walking distance. Bus service is good and the main bus route is close by.

All in all, I was expecting more from the image presented on the website, which is very informative and helpful. Everything that is on offer is available, it is just not quite as good as it is presented.

The reviews of the majority of guests are very good and, I am sure valid and did help me choose this venue. However, having now stayed there, this 'hotel', sadly doesn't feature highly for me. The prices may be comparable to others in this part of Brighton, but the Oriental Room and this 'hotel' ranks with me as a B&B with drapes.

Room Tip: Avoid the Oriental Room if you are above small in stature, a couple or want any outlook.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank krrgolf

Reviewed 23 April 2012

This boutique hotel was wonderful. We were upgraded to the Venetian room for free and it was so elegant and beautiful with a view of the sea. The breakfast was delicious, amazing fry up and eggs benedict. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Oops -- there is no swimming pool.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We had an amazing stay at the Sea Spray Hotel, We stayed in the Eden room. It gave us the space and privacy we wanted as the start to our Honeymoon. It was so quiet and relaxing, beautifully decorated and a haven of tranquility. We were able to have breakfast in our room with the dining area, the lounge was very spacious and the bedroom was very comfortable. Most of all it was amazing having the private garden space with the hot tub for two. It was a very romantic start to our honeymoon. We would definately stay there again. The whole hotel was wonderfull, the staff very helpfull but only when we needed anything otherwise we were never disturbed. The breakfasts were just the way we liked them and very large portions. We couldnt fault it in any way and would recommend it to anyone, except when we want to come back so our room will be available!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are themed, we have only stayed in this one room so cannot vouch for the others but if...
1  Thank shellyaf
Reviewed 14 April 2012

cant praise this hotel enough. my wife & i stayed here for our honeymoon & loved it. stayed in the venetian suite which was amazing. a very beautiful room with an outstanding view of brighton pier from the bed & balcony.the word oppulent springs to mind.would recommend that anyone books the treats package with their room as arriving to find champagne on ice and chocs is a nice touch.also the breakfast in bed was cool,as was the sauna.late check out was a bonus as well.the staff went out of their way to be helpful & were extremely friendly & nice.i have got to say we will be staying there again & very much look forward to it.also very central for brighton's many restaraunts & bars.five stars.

Room Tip: if you want a sea view,just ask.
Reviewed 13 April 2012

This is a very nice hotel with themed rooms. The staff are very friendly and helpful and breakfast was great. Our room (the Indulgence) was spacious, well organised and immaculate with a sea view and overlooking the square at the front. We stayed for 2 nights and the location is peaceful .There are good restaurants nearby and it's also easy to walk along the sea front or around Brighton and to the Laines.