I stayed at this hotel for one night as I had a meeting at the University of Sussex the next day. The room was a single room, which was very small but that wasn't the problem really as I didn't stay long. There were other bigger problems:
1. The tv was broken and when I asked about it, they came to my room tried to fix it but basically told me that there's nothing that could be done.
2. There was no hot water in the shower at night!!
3. There was a kettle for coffee/ tea in the room, but it was incredibly dirty and definitely couldn't be used!
4. There was no soundproofing at the rooms. When I tried to sleep at about 24:00, the people staying next door came back to their room and started chatting. Even though they were just talking normaly I could hear everything and really couldn't sleep!
I'm really surprised that people have written so good reviews about this hotel. I'm sorry, but I'm not going there ever again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gulliver's Hotel and B&B, Brighton is a charming, elegant and tranquil Georgian Townhouse, offering cheap accommodation in central Brighton. Recently refurbished, Gulliver's Hotel Bed and Breakfast offers cheap accommodation comparable to most B&Bs bed and breaksfasts, but still It also offers a mix of baroque and contemporary design and the most personal and friendly of service.From the moment you arrive to your departure, you will be truly looked after. During check-in you can take in the relaxing surroundings of our Gulliver's Hotel Lounge and Hallways - surrounded by original artwork and caricature murals - you will be personally shown to your bedroom and all the facilities your room has to offer will be explained. Throughout your stay staff are on hand to assist with any query you may have, and on check-out (after a hearty breakfast, of course), we will ensure you an efficient and memorable departure, wishing you a pleasant journey and hoping you return again soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Gullivers Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.