Gullivers Hotel
The Granville Hotel(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$ 106
Legends Hotel(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$ 111
US$ 101
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$ 159
  • Bar/Lounge
US$ 245
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
All reviewsnew steineseparate toiletst james streetquiet areafull english breakfastparking permitcomfortable roomsenjoyed my stayearly hoursstreet parkingsea frontnice breakfaststayed one nightbay windowfew minutes walklovely roomintercom
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Very good b&b just near the pier. Walking distance to the lanes and shops and close to bars, etc. Staff are very friendly and couldn't do more for us! Rooms were lovely and clean and had tea/coffee and other little extras you would only expect from a larger hotel. Overall, lovely stay and i would most def recommend to groups/couples.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank jacks1971
GulliversNS, Manager at Gullivers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review and your kind words - we pride ourselves on the level of service and product we supply, and I am so glad that it ticked all the boxes for yourselves.

I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel during a weekend break to Brighton for a hen party, 6 travelled and we had 3 rooms. Firstly the location is excellent and it's a short walk to the sea, pier and all the nightlife. We booked this hotel as we were looking for good location, reasonable prices and that is what you get, you can't expect the earth if you are not paying for it. All 3 rooms were very different 301 was by far the best decent size and nice bathroom, 308 had a tiny bathroom and the final room we had, had a strange layout you had to walk through the bathroom to get to the bedroom! Breakfast was great, staff were friendly it can get a little nosy but that's due to the close proximity to the nightlife. On the whole a pleasant stay and would recommend if your looking for cheap and cheerful much better than a travel lodge any day! Should also mention I had to change room bookings at the last minute and whilst this was outside of their policy they were very helpful and accommodating letting us switch from 2 twins and a triple to 3 twins.

• Stayed: May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I am so glad that you and your party enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope that you will choose us again for any future stays.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

I was most impressed with Gullivers, for the price you really don't expect the high standard of the rooms & little extras. The staff were happy to help & very friendly, nothing is too much trouble, carry bags to room, maps, taxi, advice where to visit to name a few. Breakfast was also lovely.
My minor negatives is that the water pressure in the shower was a bit low but adequate. Tea & coffee tray hidden away in a cupboard (maybe just overlooked) but nevertheless found. It would be nice if there was someone manning reception more as staff shared between 2 hotels next to each other but prompt in arriving when needed. All in all a wonderfull place. I plan to return having stayed in a few more expensive hotels on other occasions & not had this service I will now make Gullivers my first choice. Tip: park outside if you can to unload then get the parking permit £7.50 for 24hrs. You will have to move your car but most side streets towards the pier are parking permit zone c (where you can park). well worth it!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and I am so glad that Gulliver's exceeded your expectations. We do operate two Hotels right next door to each other, however staff on on call 24 hours a day and can be reached by phone or the bell at Reception at all times.

I have passed your comment on to our Maintenance with regards water pressure, as we like to ensure we have done everything we can to ensure an enjoyable stay with us.

Hopefully you will return to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

We booked here through their website but surprisingly ended up next door at the New Steine Hotel... Without any explenation. The appearance of the hotel was good so we didn't bother too much.
The staff was very helpfull and polite. However, the standard room was quite small with hardly no room to manouvre with 2 people and very noisy (rooms and hallway). The bathroom was outdated compared to the room itself, small shower with low pressure on the water. The bathroom was not properly cleaned after our first night and you only get one towell à person.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to see that you were not happy with the room you recieved at our Hotel.

We own and operate two Hotels right next door to each of the same standard in Brighton. On occasion, due to overbooking, we do move people to the New Steine, however it is always of the same standard or above, and I am sorry if this was not explained to you. The sizes of our rooms all differ, due to being an older style Georgian property, with some larger than others, and I am sorry on this occasion if the room was smaller than expected.

As for the Housekeeping issues, there is no excuse and I have passed on your comments to the head housekeeper to ensure this does not happen again.

I do hope that the positive points outweighed your negative ones and that you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed here first week in April, lovely place all round. our room was reasonable but lacked decent shower facilities. Comfy bed tho. The breakfast was delicious however service was very very slow but was worth the wait. This place is very near all the gay bars and clubs and ten min walk to the lanes! Totally ideal and overall happy with our stay :)

• Stayed: April 2012
GulliversNS, Manager at Gullivers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your email and your kind words. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the fabulous review of our Award Winning Sussex Breakfast, of which we are very proud.

We are ideally located within the city centre, for all restaurants, bars, clubs, shops etc... whatever you are looking for - Brighton can provide!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.