1,594 results
All reviews roll top bath monsoon shower junior suite free standing bath walk in shower nespresso machine no lift lovely hotel sunday night sea front mini bar eggs benedict room rate following morning lovely room stayed for one night car park
Reviewed 9 October 2018

I stayed on business in this hotel. There was only one member of staff booking people in when I arrived and a coach party was before me. It took 30 minutes just to check in. They have not car parking and surrounded ones are far.
My room was very disappointing. It was cold and just didn't seem clean. I then tried to warm the room up but the heating/aircon wasn't working and a spanner icon was showing in the LCD display.The window surround was hanging off in places exposing bare concrete and plaster. I haven't had a sea view from this "Seafront" hotel's room but it was hard to see it due to the dirt on the exterior glass.
There was paint on the carpet which appears to have been caused when the skirting boards were painted. Not only was there paint on the carpet but there was fluff and fibres from the carpet on the skirting board. Whoever had painted it had left the skirting board in a real mess.

I raised the issues regarding the room with the staff and an arrogant Deputy Manager on check out and there was an apology but no reduction in the bill or adjustment . I hadn't time to debate this as I needed to be elsewhere but I would have expected a better response to the issues raised.

Overall my stay at this hotel was very disappointing. The room, its decoration, fixtures and fittings are clearly in need of urgent remedial work. Due to its prime location on Brighton seafront and the room charges levied this hotel should be maintained to the highest standards, it isn't and I did not consider it value for money. I would not stay there again without some assurances that standards had improved

Room Tip: Not at Hotel du Vin
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank earlscourthenry
RyanB5820, Manager at Hotel du Vin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear earlscourthenry,

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Good points
Good position, great staff, nice bar and restaurant but. Our first room had a bedside cabinet missing, light in wardrobe that would not go off. They moved us to suite the next night, very nice but, the milk was in date but off, the shower didn’t drain. The first breakfast I had brown toast, 8 the next morning, no brown bread !! Guys at these prices you must do better

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KellyS4523
RyanB5820, Manager at Hotel du Vin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear KellyS4523,

Whilst I was pleased to learn you enjoyed many aspects of your recent stay, I was most concerned to read your comments regarding the standard of your accommodation for which please accept my most sincere apologies. We are constantly investing in all areas of the hotel and have a comprehensive programme to ensure all our rooms are of the highest standard; please accept my most sincere apologies that your accommodation was not of the standard to which you are accustomed and that we were unable to take appropriate measure to recover this shortfall during the course of your recent sojourn.

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

A couple of days down at the coast mid week. Treated myself to a junior suite. Big room, massive bed and a decent sized bath for two. Nice but overlooking the street rather than the sea so very noisy late at night.
I’ve stayed here many times over the years and I think it’s one of, if not the best in Brighton.
Staff are still really pleasant and helpful, decent restaurant and great choice of wines.
I think they need to refresh some of the rooms and common parts
I’ll still come back, as had a great time as always

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear ErictheRed56,

We are very proud of our staff here at the hotel and are very happy to hear you are a fan on our wine list.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

The Hotel du Vin is situated just of the seafront in Brighton. I visited for a business dinner and was impressed by both the quality and flavour of the food but also the service we received. The staff were both friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear 101dot,

Thank you for your kind word, I have passed on your comments to both our Head Chef and bistro team who were delighted to her you enjoyed your evening.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

You always know what you’re gonna get with Hotel Du Vins - quirky spaces, comfy rooms and great showers. I’ve stayed here before and it’s really lovely. Great location in the middle of everything. I always try to stay in a Hotel Du Vin as you’re generally guaranteed quality.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Emily w

Dear Emily,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are delighted to hear you are a fan. Looking forward to welcoming you back to Hotel du Vin whenever your plans allow.

Kindest Regards,