1,604 results
All reviews roll top bath monsoon shower junior suite free standing bath walk in shower nespresso machine no lift lovely hotel wedding party sunday night sea front eggs benedict mini bar following morning hotel bar lovely room stayed for one night
Reviewed 3 October 2018

The Hotel du Vin is situated just of the seafront in Brighton. I visited for a business dinner and was impressed by both the quality and flavour of the food but also the service we received. The staff were both friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
RyanB5820, Manager at Hotel du Vin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear 101dot,

Thank you for your kind word, I have passed on your comments to both our Head Chef and bistro team who were delighted to her you enjoyed your evening.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

You always know what you’re gonna get with Hotel Du Vins - quirky spaces, comfy rooms and great showers. I’ve stayed here before and it’s really lovely. Great location in the middle of everything. I always try to stay in a Hotel Du Vin as you’re generally guaranteed quality.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Emily w

Dear Emily,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are delighted to hear you are a fan. Looking forward to welcoming you back to Hotel du Vin whenever your plans allow.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 2 October 2018

My son's wedding was held here, and most of us stayed over for two nights. From the moment we booked in, we felt very comfortable and well-received. The staff were incredibly helpful and kind, making every possible effort to ensure that every detail was perfect. We opted for a ground floor chalet style room, and although it didn't have a sea view, it was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was excellent. The hotel dealt seamlessly with the wedding, which lasted almost twelve hours in all. There was a great atmosphere and the staff were superb.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Suffolkdumpling

Dear Suffolkdumpling,

It was a pleasure to welcome you to Hotel du Vin to celebrate your Son's special. Thank you for your kind words which I have shared with the entire team, Dewi was thrilled to hear you enjoyed yourselves so much! Looking forward to welcoming you back whenever you are next in Brighton.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 2 October 2018

What made this hotel stand out for me was just how much the staff appeared to enjoy working there! From the check in, to the night porter, to the breakfast team: everyone was cheerful, accommodating and helpful. The hotel itself is also very good! Clean, modern, great late night bar (supping Yamasaki at 2.30am) and breakfast lounge. Our room was modern and quirky, with the bath up a different level.

This hotel was booked for me, so I had no expectation. I loved it. And I will be going back.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank SimonGrs

Dear SimonGrs,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel du Vin Brighton. We are very proud of our staff, they really are a great asset to the Hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming back for a few more glasses of Yamasaki.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Visited for my wife’s birthday and first impressions were that the exterior needs to be painted. Looks like there has been some new plaster work started but not finished. Pretty entrance area and reception, but the exterior looks tired.

The room was pleasant, but we started to find a number of elements that really let it down. Most off-putting were the tiles in the bathroom, which had specks of a red substance around the sink, which we can only assume was blood. The bathroom window had obviously been painted in a rush, as when it was opened there was a big stripe of the old colour. The shower screen guard was mouldy and broken.

The in room sound system was stained and also outdated/unuseable with the old iPhone/iPod connector and no adapter for the present day connection.

We headed down for dinner and the service was great but the food was disappointing for the price. The chicken and rice was bland, however the cassoulet was far too rich, the gentleman next to us had the same comment to make to the waiter. Breakfast was also poor with the scrambled egg having a very strange flavour to it but seemingly no seasoning.

I rarely comment on trip advisor unless it’s outstanding or disappointing, unfortunately Hotel du Vin Brighton falls under the latter. Perhaps we set our expectations too high, but had a great stay in the Tunbridge Wells hotel. Based on the price tag, I think there needs to be much more care and attention to detail to live up to the usual Hotel Du Vin standards.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Jez C,

I was most concerned to read your comments regarding the standard of your accommodation for which please accept my most sincere apologies. We are constantly investing in all areas of the hotel and have a comprehensive programme to ensure all our rooms are of the highest standard; please accept my most sincere apologies that your accommodation was not of the standard to which you are accustomed and that we were unable to take appropriate measure to recover this shortfall during the course of your recent sojourn.

With Kindest Regards,