1,592 results
All reviews roll top bath hdv brighton monsoon shower junior suite free standing bath walk in shower nespresso machine no lift lovely hotel sunday night sea front mini bar eggs benedict room rate following morning lovely room stayed for one night
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

We had our wedding here in August and it was absolutely perfect. Everything was wonderful, from the food and the wine (the sommelier was incredibly helpful) to the rooms and the venue itself.

Everyone went well beyond the call of duty to look after us and make sure we had the perfect day - bar staff, waiters, desk staff and not least the wedding organiser, Dewi.

Putting everything in the hands of strangers for your wedding is always nerve wracking, but we really couldn't have asked for any improvement.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Ryan B, Manager at Hotel du Vin, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear Danbojones,

It was a pleasure to welcome you to Hotel du Vin to celebrate your special day.

Thank you for your kind words which I have shared with the entire team, Dewi was thrilled to hear you enjoyed yourselves so much! Looking forward to welcoming you back whenever you are next in Brighton.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at the Hotel du Vin in Brighton more than once in the past few years but on this occasion I was left less impressed than in the past.

My room was across a courtyard with a door which led from the bedroom to the outside. The courtyard was full of people socialising but that thankfully did not go on late into the evening. The room itself was a little tired, with stains on the wooden shelving in the bathroom and the floors being not quite as clean as I’d expect (there was a bottle cap left on the floor and the tiled bathroom floor was dusty in places).

My main disappointment was at breakfast. We waited around 40 minutes for our food and during that time saw others who had come in after us receive their orders. When my order came it was overcooked and not hot - eggs benedict with solid poached eggs and lukewarm hollandaise. Considering the cost of the breakfast is £15 per person I expected much better.

The bar was good and the desk staff were very helpful. The bed was comfortable and the shower and bathroom were good. I do wish that an electric outlets were more usefully situated, such as placed near a mirror for hair drying purposes, and we had to search for a plug behind curtains near the floor for charging phones.

Overall, our stay was not as good as it had been a couple of years ago. The room needed some maintenance and the breakfast service was poor. When we were asked how our stay was, I mentioned the breakfast and the response was “write a review on Tripadvisor”! So here it is. I hope it is read.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Karen C,

Whilst I was pleased to learn you enjoyed many aspects of your recent stay, I was most concerned to read your comments regarding the standard of your accommodation for which please accept my most sincere apologies. We are constantly investing in all areas of the hotel and have a comprehensive programme to ensure all our rooms are of the highest standard; please accept my most sincere apologies that your accommodation was not of the standard to which you are accustomed and that we were unable to take appropriate measure to recover this shortfall during the course of your recent sojourn.

With Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 31 August 2018

I hired one of the private dinning spaces at Hotel Du Vin for a leaving do for 20 people.
Everything about it was perfect from the communication before to the brilliant service from the host,Georgia on the evening and of course the the delicious food and great wine.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank 214slc
Ryan B, Manager at Hotel du Vin, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Dear 214slc

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our staff, we are thrilled you are such a proud supporter and look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel du Vin on many more occasions.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

We checked in late last night, but we’re welcomed by a lovely warm smile. The concierge was the best part of the stay - he carried our bags to the room and offered his service around the clock. The room was spacious but comfy. Complimentary posh coffee was a big highlight! I’m so happy we decided to stay here. We will defiantly be back again on our next trip to Brighton!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Katcharl22
Ryan B, Manager at Hotel du Vin, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear Katcharl22,

Delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back whenever you are next in Brighton.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 August 2018

We hired the SMWS room for an 80th birthday dinner, Marta from the events team was very helpful through the booking process and menu selection.

On the day we had excellent service from Georgia during the event, all of the food was cooked perfectly and presented nicely. I would happily recommend this venue.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Hmdavies

Dear

It was a pleasure to welcome you and your party to Hotel du Vin. Thank you for your kind words which I have shared with the entire team, Georgia will be thrilled to hear you enjoyed yourselves so much! Looking forward to welcoming you back whenever you are next in Brighton.

With kind regards,