1,594 results
All reviews roll top bath monsoon shower junior suite free standing bath walk in shower nespresso machine no lift lovely hotel wedding party sunday night sea front mini bar room rate eggs benedict following morning hotel bar lovely room
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

I came here years ago, soon after opening, when HduV was at its best. Brighton, Bristol, Birmingham were the places to go in this then boutique chain.

How times have changed. The room, an upgrade, felt musty and tired but still retained the milk in the fridge. But gone were the Miller Harris toiletries or big bottles in the amazing showers.

Cannot fault all the staff, particularly at breakfast - charming.

But, and this is a bug but, the manager was a disgrace. 11-00 in the evening, bar empty if guests, bar man mixing a drink for a guest in the dining room. Manager sat at bar on lap top, doing paperwork - has he no office. Studiously ignored me. Bar man asked me to wait till he finished making the order - fine.

Another guest comes in, manager all matey with him and starts to serve him. Still ignoring me. Bar man suggests to manager I be served first, ignored.

I took the manager to task - simply appalling and unexcusable service. A disgrace to your business. It would take a lot to get me to stay in this HduV and possibly others. I popped into Tunbridge Wells recently, bar and front of house there is really tired to.

I used to love HduV and managed to visit them all. The world has moved on.

Star rating would be one but for all the staff (except for the duty manager).

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank OccassionalTravels

Dear OccassionalTravels,

I am most grateful to you for taking the time to share your disappointment and the shortfalls in service you experienced on your recent stay, for which I apologise most sincerely. Please accept my assurance that I have discussed your comments and concerns with my Management Team, as I was extremely disappointed and embarrassed by the lack of empathy and professional courtesy extended by our team.

I hope you will accept my assurance that your experience is not typical and would welcome the opportunity to restore your image of Hotel du Vin future.

Regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Have eaten here several times and there has generally been a lack of consistency - some times great, others pretty poor. We gave the hotel a try as we didn't want to faff with taxis to and from Brighton on a night out and found the room to be very comfortable. Very good size, no amenities missing (decent powerful hairdryer!), good sized modern bathroom, large comfy bed. All in all pretty good.I do think though it was beginning to show the signs of age and the woodwork, furniture could do with refurbishment/replacement. Breakfast was just ok. There appeared to be a lot of staff working, who all seemed to be a bit panicky, yet there were only about 8 tables taken and not everyone was ordering/eating at the same time. Tables weren't being cleared and wrong orders were being handed to guests. All a bit baffling. The croissants were dreadful - dry and squashed - but the cooked breakfast was ok. Verdict - a good location and not a fortune for an overnight stay in Brighton.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ryan B, Manager at Hotel du Vin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay, I was most concerned to learn that you felt your breakfast was not up to our usual high standards, for which please accept my most sincere apologies. I have shared your comments with our Chef, who I l know will take your comments to heart and will take measures to ensure our usual high standards are delivered in future.

Thank you for your constructive comments; I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hotel du Vin in the not too distance future.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We booked a private room for the family to celebrate my wife's sixty birthday. Great value and fantastic service from our waiter Ben! Can't fault a great afternoon thank you Ben and the staff for make it a special day for my wife and family.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mart89
Ryan B, Manager at Hotel du Vin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Delighted you enjoyed your recent visit and private lunch; I could not agree more, it is our staff (as well as our guests), who make Hotel du Vin so special.

We all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hotel du Vin in the very near future.

With all good wishes,

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Having had our wedding reception at this venue a few years ago, we thought we would return for a few days stay in one of the junior suites. The ladies on reception were lovely, however we left very disappointed at how the hotel has deteriorated in terms of quality of accommodation. The room we stayed in was musty and to be quite honest could of done with a good deep clean. Thick layer of dust on the shower heads, dirty windows, filthy broken shower seal on the door. The sofa in the room was dirty and looked like something bought out of a secondhand shop having seen better days. The walls clearly needed wiping down, more to the point they needed repainting. We ate in the restaurant on the first night, however the service wasn't that good so we decided we would eat elsewhere on our remaining two nights. The only highlight was the breakfast service that we received from Agnes and Lucas who where very pleasant, polite and a credit to the hotel. We have a special place in our hearts for the Hotel Du Vin in Brighton, so it was so disappointing the room was such a let down especially given the three nights stay cost us £890! It is the most we have ever paid for a short stay in a hotel but the worst accommodation we have experienced. You cannot charge these prices for such poor quality accommodation. We left feeling we had wasted our money. And yes we have read in your responses to other reviews of a similar nature that you are undertaking a refurbishment program - when?? Until these rooms are brought up to standard, you should be offering them at discounted rates. In the end it's short-term financial gain for you but in the long term you're losing valuable repeat business. It saddens me to say as regular visitors to Brighton we won't be returning soon.

Date of stay: May 2018
3  Thank 1972steve
Ryan B, Manager at Hotel du Vin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Whilst I appreciated your kind words about the service you received during your stay I was naturally concerned to learn of the disappointing memories you took away with you in terms of your accommodation.

We are constantly investing in all areas of the hotel and have a comprehensive programme to ensure all our rooms are of the highest standard, however, it is clear that regrettably you resided in a room yet to receive attention. It is my earnest hope that you will choose to stay with us again and may I ask that you please make your reservation through me dgm.brighton@hotelduvin.com so I can ensure your faith in Hotel du Vin is restored.

With all good wishes,

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely couples stay, great location just off of the seafront. Nice courtyard to have a drink in & delicious food in the restaurant. Service was quite slow but we were in no rush so wasn’t bothered.

Lovely bathroom but particularly small bedroom & we felt the room and some of the hotel maybe needed a bit of tlc.

Would return though.

Date of stay: November 2017
1  Thank lucy_louise_lucy

Dear lucy_louise,

Whilst I was pleased to learn you enjoyed many aspects of your recent stay, I was most concerned to read your comments regarding the standard of your accommodation for which please accept my most sincere apologies.

Needless to say, I am most grateful to you for this constructive feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel du Vin.

Kind regards,