“You Could Grow Old Waiting”
Review of Palm Court

Palm Court
Ranked #896 of 1,256 Restaurants in Brighton
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The real positive in this whole dining experience was or waitress, Caroline; if you own a restaurant offer her a job now! We were seated at 12:50 and quickly ordered a starter, our meals and wine. Now we began the waiting game... We asked AGAIN for the wine after 25 minutes and were told the bar was very busy. Seriously, 2 glasses of house blanc de blanc. Then we waited a total of 40 minutes for our starter of seafood platter, which was not bad. The calamari were nicely cooked as were the fish gougons and the whitebait. At a record more than an hour and a half after ordering we got our main meals. The seabass was skinny but the salmon was good. However, neither were worth the wait. Caroline was so apologetic and said that the manager did not want to take money for the food just our drinks. I mean, I should think so... I paid just over £20 for the 4 glasses of wine (that would have been 2 if our meal had arrived on time). We were not alone in waiting as I observed practically all the tables around us waiting, although our wait was exceptional. I have posted over 70 reviews on this site and am in the top 3% of read reviewers and the majority have been upbeat and positive but I have to say I will not be giving Palm Court another try.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

It has just taken me 10 minutes to make absolutely sure that this review was for the correct restaurant.
If you search Brighton Pier restaurant, or something similar, there are other restaurants that come up with various reviews.....some good, ....some not so good.

At the end of Brighton Pier is the newly refurbished 'Palm Court Restaurant'.
It is an absolute triumph of a restoration and is an absolute credit to the investors and craftsmen involved. Be under no illusions, this sort of refurbishment is not the usual 'Slap -a-bit-of-paint-around' and get bums on seats as soon as possible. It has been well thought out, well carried out and well-funded......exactly what was needed for this prime spot in beautiful Brighton.
We got there at 12.45pm and were lucky enough to get a seat quickly... 15 minutes later they were queueing out of the door and bear in mind this is a 300-seater restaurant!
The staff are well trained, well presented, attentive and hard-working. They took our order quickly and efficiently and the drinks and food arrived in good time.
They were really under pressure this day and they all coped admirably.
The food was excellent, it was reasonably priced, well presented and the standard portions were a good size.
If I say any more you will suspect that I have an interest in the restaurant but I assure you this is not the case. However, I do have quite a bit to do with the running of a local restaurant in Hertford and I have a lifetime of experience of refurbishing old, listed buildings, giving me I feel, a very good understanding of the amount of work that has been put into this project.
Well done to all concerned. It is, as I have said previously, an absolute triumph.

1  Thank nic_gaskin
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Amazing place to eat, welcoming staff and nice and big, good view and lovely fish and chips, well worth a visit if your ever in Brighton

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Went to the Palm Court for lunch whilst on a hen weekend, the chips were awful and hard. Waited 40minutes for our drinks which came after our food had been served. Asked to speak to the manager and told him about our wait and said “really” obviously didn’t believe us. Our waitress Caroline was lovely and was not to blame for the poor service we received. Would not go back!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

The food was always good at this restaurant refurbishment is lovely but we went on sunday expecting to enjoy our meal there was more staff than diners as we went early the service was slow to say the least the food cold did not complain due to the waiting time will not go again