Queens Hotel
Jurys Inn Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$ 142
US$ 137
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$ 119
US$ 259
US$ 251
US$ 329
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Brighton Waterfront(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$ 186
US$ 236
US$ 213
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
The Lanes Hotel(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$ 206
  • Breakfast included
Blanch House(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$ 216
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
2,461 results
All reviewstower suitesea viewswimming poollanes car parkfamily suitesea frontbuffet stylehuge roomnoisy at nightbrighton pierlovely hotelbreakfast was includedfourth floorjacuzzi bathone night staya lovely staytea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 March 2012

The hotel is ideal for shopping, going out in the evening, the staff are good and helpful although it is a bit of a struggle with heavy luggage to your room.
On first sight of your room it's nice, airy and sea rooms are perfect but you then notice tatty furniture, carpet stains, I had rather unsavoury looking stains up the curtains!
The bathroom needs updating with lots of stained or rusty metal bathroom furniture.
The buffet breakfast is a bit of a crush and very busy, you do feel packed in. The scrambled egg is like nothing I have ever had....not in a good way.
On the whole if you can ignore the stains and the need of updating it is fine, I rang down to the bar three times for ice and they appeared like magic, room service was good also. Food offered good portions, although veggie options are much needed. I ended up ordering the kids cheese and tomato pasta, the waitress said the chef will make it for an adult portion....well I have never seen a portion so big, could hardly lift the plate...tasted nice mind.
I would stay again. Friday and Saturday evening are very loud, bars and night clubs quite close.

Room Tip: Opt for rooms furthest away from the pier. Very loud music, bars etc otherwise.
1  Thank Butterflytart
Reviewed 13 March 2012

me and my partner stayed here for a night as it was my birthday you cant booked in until 1500 ok its on the seafront its the only thing going for it the bed was a small double bed your legs would hang out the bed and we aint tall breakfast was ok not as nice as royal albion hotel

1  Thank barneybee1976
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We booked the Queens because of its location, although we knew it was a mixed bag based on the reviews we had read. Our room was a very large Kingsize sea view; clean and tidy. Everything worked and it had lots of wardrobe space with plenty of hangers!! Breakfast was fine, but did not change at all for the three mornings we were there. Not a big choice either ( the hot stuff was always scrambled eggs, fried bread,sausage, bacon tinned tomatoes and baked beans). Came back one day at around 1pm went into the bar for a pint and a sandwich--no food available until after 2pm--really strange we thought, and it probably explained why the bar was nearly always devoid of customers. Thought £175 for Saturday night was a bit pricy for what it was. On the plus side the staff we all very friendly and helpful and well informed. We had a pleasant stay and the hotel is very conveniently situated for all the main amenities. Will we return to this hotel--probably not.

Room Tip: Ask when you book
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Booked with lastminute.com.Very easy and hotel rang to confirm our booking and room type. On arrival very welcoming receptionist who explained everything. Room much bigger than expected and very clean. Usual tea/coffee and toiletries. Ran out of milk and bar staff very obliging. All the staff we came into contact with were very efficient and friendly. Bar area sofas need replacing - I wouldn't sit on them! Apart from that the rest of the hotel very clean although the leisure club ie pool area had a damp odour.Great location right opposite beach and next to Lanes. Breakfast fine and waiting staff couldn't do enough for you. More choice for us veggies?
Overall a good stay and would return

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank izonions
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed here for just 1 night, and had an enjoyable time. I made my booking by phone, and the girl I spoke to (I didn't catch her name) - was very helfpul. We stayed in a seaview room - the room was very big and clean. Unfortunately, the bed was only a standard double - bit of a shame, as there's certainly the space for a bigger bed.

I pre-arranged for drinks to be brought to the room, and these arrived within about 5 minutes of getting into the room. The staff in the bar were very friendly.

We went for breakfast about half an hour before it closed, and had to wait for a table. Then the 'buffet' food was cold, and not very nice (though they did bring out more just before breakfast ended). The hotel was fully booked though, so I guess a bit of a wait was to be expected.

When we got back to our room after breakfast to get our bags and check out, our room key had been de-activated - check out is at 11, and the key stops working immediately. Thankfully there was no hassle in having them re-activate it.

All up - was a good stay (though try to book in advance to get good rates).

Room Tip: We had a seaview room on the 3rd floor, didn't have any issues with noise.