“Would definately go back”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Oriental

The Oriental
Ranked #12 of 97 Brighton B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, England, United Kingdom
“Would definately go back”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Stayed for one night here a couple of weeks ago and really thought the place was great. Andrew was very friendly and our rooms were spacious, clean and modern. The breakfast was delicious and was included. Had such a wonderful time.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Just got back from a 2 night last minute booking at The Oriental.......I never write reviews, however, I feel this should be visited by anyone going to Brighton.

Area
I only booked this from the reviews other people had left and i am so glad I did. The hotel is off the main road, in a quiet street, right on the sea and 10 minutes walk to the shops, restaurants and bars. It really is a perfect location and a nice stroll along the front with no hills.

The hotel
Was a very quaint looking building and welcoming. The bar / breakfast area is very funky and relaxed. You immediately felt at home. We booked the luxury twin, which was on the bottom floor. Although the room was quite small, the design really worked and felt as though we had separate rooms. Plenty of storage space and didn't feel like we was on top of each other. Ok, the shower is not the most powerful, but hey, it gets you clean and everything else certainly makes up for it.

Breakfast
You get a choice of fruit or muesli, followed by a full English or vegetarian breakfast. I opted for the veggie one and was fantastic! The produce were fresh and the bread was organic, certainly tasted the difference.

Andrew - Manager
Well, what can I say.........a proper gent and was a pleasure to meet. I
have never stayed anywhere where I have felt so welcome. Although the hotel was fab, Andrew was the icing on the cake and couldn't do enough for you. We felt as if we were staying at a friends house.

I can not rate this place highly enough. Home from home and very reasonaly priced for brighton. I will definitely be going back and will be recommending to my friends.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2012

The Oriental is a fabulous place to stay. The staff are so friendly and helpful it feels like you're staying with friends rather than in a hotel . The rooms are beautifully decorated and the beds are so comfortable. Breakfast is fantastic.. all organic foods and nothing is too much trouble. The cocktails are brilliant, I don't think I've had a better Mojito ! The atmosphere is calming and relaxing .. just what you need :) I won't hesitate to go back and give the Oriental 10 out 10 in every aspect .. I thoroughly recommend .. No better place to stay in Brighton, a real Gem . Thank you Andrew and everyone else for an excellent stay .. hope to see you soon.. Nicky and Pete xx

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic ..
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Our first stay at the Oriental. We were contacted even before our stay to ask if we had any requirements. Where else would you get that? Andrew is a first class host and nothing was too much trouble. Our room, though small, had a large walk in shower with L'Occitane shower products provided. The bed was extremely comfortable and we had two peaceful nights followed by the best breakfasts to date! The hotel has a homely feel, perfect location for both the sea and fine dining in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2012

The Oriental has to be one of the nicest places that I have stayed in. My room was lovely and my bed was so comfortable. The price was fantastic and the fact that I had my own ensuite helped make my stay comfortable as some hotels I had seen online cost twice as much as The Oriental and did not suit my needs whereas The Oriental provided me with my own space, ensuite bathroom and breakfast too. Breakfast was lovely and Andrew is a fantastic manager- friendly, approachable and was able to help with any queries at the drop of a hat. I felt at home as soon as I walked through the door and the location is ideal- two minute from the main shops in town and literally 30 seconds to the sea front. The hotel is close enough to get to the bars in town but tucked away so that you don't have to hear the noise of probable stag/hen parties that come to Brighton. Fantastic place, fantastic staff- PERFECT!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo